Senior Tech 250+ Posts sharpmind's Avatar

Waste toner box end soon

Guys, how can I clear the message "WT Box End Soon" in MFC-9130CW? The total copies of the machine is only 4,000. Any idea?Thanks!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Waste toner box end soon

Re: Waste toner box end soon

Quote Originally Posted by sharpmind View Post
    Guys, how can I clear the message "WT Box End Soon" in MFC-9130CW? The total copies of the machine is only 4,000. Any idea?Thanks!
    remove drums and transfer belt ..

remove belt cleaner/waste box.

confirm that contacts on right side of box and machine are clean.

That box should go 50k pages.. there is no way to reset it.

it could also be an HVPS or main bd issue. I would replace the waste box first.

do you print a lot of graphics? that can cause the waste box to fill faster or if you had a leaky toner too.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    remove drums and transfer belt ..<br>
    <br>
    remove belt cleaner/waste box.<br>
    <br>
    confirm that contacts on right side of box and machine are clean.<br>
    <br>
    That box should go 50k pages.. there is no way to reset it.<br>
    <br>
    it could also be an HVPS or main bd issue. I would replace the waste box first.<br>
    <br>
    do you print a lot of graphics? that can cause the waste box to fill faster or if you had a leaky toner too.
    <br>
    <br>
    The client delivered the machine to our office for repair. It is negligence on my part that I did not check the operating voltage of the machine and I immediately connected the power chord to the 220V wall outlet. I was shocked when the power supply burst. The machine is 110 V..!!! So I sent the power supply for repair. After repair of the power supply, the machine is ON but the message "Waste toner box end soon" appears in the display.

Waste toner box end soon

<br>
    <br>
    The client delivered the machine to our office for repair. It is negligence on my part that I did not check the operating voltage of the machine and I immediately connected the power chord to the 220V wall outlet. I was shocked when the power supply burst. The machine is 110 V..!!! So I sent the power supply for repair. After repair of the power supply, the machine is ON but the message "Waste toner box end soon" appears in the display.
    wow... damn you might have blown the HVPS board and a circuit in the main board also ...

damn pretty expensive repair ... you guys might come out better just replacing the unit FOC due to the mistake ...

are you a brother dealer? if the machine is still in warranty you might get the boards covered.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts harleyrider's Avatar

Dumb question but how did you get a 110 volt machine to plug into a 220 volt outlet? Had to ask.

Waste toner box end soon

<br>
    <br>
    well puppy I guess that'll teach ya for having a pint at work! Just kidding love your AV!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    well puppy I guess that'll teach ya for having a pint at work! Just kidding love your AV!
    It serves a lesson to me that do not be overconfident in servicing the machine. Always check the operating voltage of the machines even you are in a 220V working environment. A simple mistake cost you a lot of money.

The machine is now operational after replacing the waste toner box.

Thank you guys!