Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ndemarco

Requesting Brother MFC-L8900CDW toner reset instructions

Brother MFC-L8900CDW has four toners in the TN-430 series (TN-436 is the high capacity toner, listing to help searchers). The toners do not have a reset gear.

I refilled the toners, but the machine still shows toner low. How do I notify the machine the toner has been replaced?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Requesting Brother MFC-L8900CDW toner reset instructions

If not mistaken, those toners are chipped, you might want to order the chips for those thru e-bay. There is a procedure on YouTube on how to make them run a little longer after they run their course.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ndemarco View Post
    Brother MFC-L8900CDW has four toners in the TN-430 series (TN-436 is the high capacity toner, listing to help searchers). The toners do not have a reset gear.

I refilled the toners, but the machine still shows toner low. How do I notify the machine the toner has been replaced?
    i emailed you the manuals ... did you get them?

ndemarco

Unhappy Re: Requesting Brother MFC-L8900CDW toner reset instructions

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    i emailed you the manuals ... did you get them?
    Thanks, but negative. I just checked gmail's spam and trash, too using in:anywhere after:2018/1/11 before:2018/1/14

mdwheaton

Quote Originally Posted by ndemarco View Post

Did you ever get an answer to this? I'm usually very good at finding the (hidden) menu options to do this. The starter cartridges have no reset gear. When you buy new cartridges, they have the reset gears. However aaatoner usually has reset gears for all Brother cartridges, but don't have them for this one yet.

Technician

You will need a Phillips Head Screwdriver.1) Remove the Toner Cartridge2) Loosen the Phillips Head screw near the black gear 3 revolutions.3) Loosen the other two screws 1 revolution.Do not loosen them all the way, the gears are spring loaded and will fly across the room.4) Pull the plastic cover away from the cartridge, and press the Black plastic gear with your screwdriver. The gear will click and spring back into place5) Tighten the screws and reinstall the cartridge in the printerallow the printer to re-calibrate. You now have a "FULL" toner cartridge.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tech28 View Post
    If not mistaken, those toners are chipped, you might want to order the chips for those thru e-bay. There is a procedure on YouTube on how to make them run a little longer after they run their course.
    wrong.. look in service manual.. dev reset