Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Brother HL-4040 print quality

Brother HL-4040 print quality

Hi, Don't know this printer that well. Going out to look at it next week and wanted to get some ideas. I'm thinking since the drum was just replaced and didn't help that it might be transfer belt? Wrinkling maybe fuser? Sample they sent me attached.

This was the email that came with sample:

"It did have the black dots and lots of toner smudging before the drum was replaced. I think we’ve had this printer since about 2005. You replaced the paper feed rollers a few years back. Attached is a pic of what the dots look like. It is mostly at the bottom of the page but there is some smudging at the top too and the paper looks a little wrinkled"

Thanks in advance for any help
    Attached Images Attached Images

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Luther's Avatar

Re: Brother HL-4040 print quality

Looks like a fuser

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Brother HL-4040 print quality

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    .... I'm thinking since the drum was just replaced and didn't help that it might be transfer belt? Wrinkling maybe fuser?
    Your guessing is right. This may be as simple as printer needs good vacuuming and cleaning, but as T belt is consumable I will take one with me on the site. Overall clean printer, replace belt if counter is due or damaged, check cassette paper guides and make sure they use fresh stack of paper(not damp).
    Good luck
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.