Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Brother MFC L8900 CDW intermittent prints are reduced to half size with several diffe

Hi guys, i have a customer that said maybe once a day, when they are printing, the print comes out about half size. they turn off the machine and then its ok.

it doesn't matter what program they are using, and several computers are all doing this. sometimes email, checks, etc.
    i would think if they had inadvertently selected a reduced or fill to page, print actual size, etc, then all the computers wouldn't do this, nor would rebooting the copier resolve that issue.

i am sort of perplexed at this point. and being intermittent, well, that's harder.

does anyone happen to have any ideas, or experience with this type issue??

thank you very much, Jim

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Re: Brother MFC L8900 CDW intermittent prints are reduced to half size with several d

At first I will blame program/PC for this problem, but obviously that wouldn't apply in your case. I could think of 2 remedy:
    1. Update Firmware - think latest is L 1.10
    2. Initialize EEPROM parameters (function code: 01, 91)
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Re: Brother MFC L8900 CDW intermittent prints are reduced to half size with several d

thank you TSBService. i will try those things.
    and sorry for the multi posts. they kept failing.

have a very nice day.

Hi guys,

I have updated the firmware, and the issue is still happening intermittently. now here's an interesting observation. the print is reduced one way, but not the other.

another words, prints are to narrow from left to right, but the height from top to bottom is ok.

any additional ideas? thank you very much, Jim

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Sounds like a scanner timing or drum timing issue.
    Is the ITB slipping ?

PCU's and Dev units turning freely?
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Brother MFC L8900 CDW intermittent prints are reduced to half size with several diffe

I've seen a failing LSU cause distorted images, and images shifted 2" off one side of the page, on a Sharp. Nothing on a Brother.

Is your information anecdotal, or can you see specific instances of it happening, and what functions are in use at that time? I've come to understand that such second-hand information like this can be slightly false or completely false, and the accounts colored by the amount of drama desired by the storyteller.

Let's see some of those samples. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

so for example, when they print a check and it happens, the info fits top to bottom, but all the info that goes in certain areas on the blank check, is all shifted to the right about the middle of the page over to the right. nothing is missing, just the size is 50% narrower than normal. so its scruntched into half the page horizontally.

i will try to get a smaple.

lets see if this uploads. i haven't done it much on this site.

the image isn't the clearest, but its a blank check for printers, with the printed info all on the right half of the page. but the height is ok.

well, when i follow the sites instructions to drag and drop to that pane, i get another window that opens, but its not attached to the copytechnet page?? maybe it takes a while to be reviewed?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Can you print 77 list from service mode? There will be the last 10 errors, may find something like a service code related to abnormalities. Also text shrift is halfsized and then shifted to the right or just space between symbols are narrowed and shifted. Please try again to upload sample if possible.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

the upload system is whacko.

i see the generic PDF icon in the "manage attachments" pane, but i dont see it here.
    Attached Files Attached Files