Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Brother mfc 8440

Working on a little 3 in one. The radf was not working right when i got it the henge was broken and if you held it down just right it would work. Replaced the henge,and now it will not work at all. It recognizes that there is paper in the feeder tray but will not pull it in will not even try to pull it in and then gives the error message to "check original and hit stop button" anybody know any thing about these machines?

Technician
    It's possible the motor connector may not be seated correctly. Also check that the frame around the hinge hasn't cracked; the scanner cover doesn't open all the way to vertical and some customers put too much force trying to make it do so.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

NO LUCK

Thanks for the info. I check the connections and the frame around the henges all look good. The feed tires just seem to be dead. Does the motor ever go out, or the tiny little board on the radf?

Technician
    Can you hear the motor activate when you start a scan? I haven't had any issues with the motor or drive PCB on this series. You can run an ADF test through Maintenance Mode; MENU, *, 2,4,6,8 (you have 5 secs to key in) once in, insert pages in the doc feeder and key 0,8 to enter the ADF test. 0,9 will print a test page, 9,9 to exit. Hope this helps.