Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

Intellifax 2820 jamming

I have a 2820 which keeps jamming for the customer. I brought it back to the shop and the only jam I got so far appeared to be from the paper curling and catching on the paper already in the exit tray. Apparently we have had this machine a couple of times for the same thing and the exit rollers were cleaned and it took care of the problem for a while. Any thing I can look at besides replacing the rollers. Not sure where else to go. I don't usually work on the faxes and our guy who does is on vacation. Any ideas out there? Thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar
    It would appear that cleaning the exit switch photo sensor did the trick.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Intellifax 2820 jamming

If paper curl seems to be the issue, perhaps flipping the paper or loading fresh paper may help. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

I have a ton of these and when the paper starts to curl or get wavy it is the fuser.. A customer fuser cost is like twenty bucks less than a new 2820. They are being replaced steadily with faxes that actually work for 7 years. It is definately the pressure roller and if your going to replace it might as well do fuser unit. you can clean the roller but it will only last a few days depending on use. They are junk

rajtvm007

solution for papern jaming

Quote Originally Posted by gwaddle View Post
    I have a 2820 which keeps jamming for the customer. I brought it back to the shop and the only jam I got so far appeared to be from the paper curling and catching on the paper already in the exit tray. Apparently we have had this machine a couple of times for the same thing and the exit rollers were cleaned and it took care of the problem for a while. Any thing I can look at besides replacing the rollers. Not sure where else to go. I don't usually work on the faxes and our guy who does is on vacation. Any ideas out there? Thanks

hi, thre is a spring on exit rollers.u have to increase the tension of spring. ur problem will be solved
    ok. bye
    RAJKUMAR

E Winter
    The exit pinch rollers has been modified for these machines, you'll get a set if you order this number: LM6598001
    I'd recommend to swapp these together with the exit roller itself (LM4105001)