Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Question Brother 4100E add toner message with new toner just installed

I have an account that is on there 2nd Brother 4100E in the last four years. The first machine started saying add toner even after new OEM cartridges were installed. Now the 2nd 4100E is doing the same thing. Is anyone fixing this problem and if so how?

Re: Brother 4100E add toner message with new toner just installed

I am not aware of this model but have just googled it and it looks very much like the 8360P we have in the U.K
    If it takes a DR6000 & TN6300/6600 the toner empty status can be affected by the drum being in poor condition. i.e beyond end of life
    Run off a user setting report & check drum life indicator . If it is at zero life this is probably the cause.
    Problem is caused by the fact that the machine displays "CHANGE DRUM SOON" with about 500 pages life left but the display never alters from this & it doesn't stop working. So due to the high cost of replacement drum unit the customer just ignores it and carries on using it.
    This however results in lower yield from the toner units as the machine increases the charge as the drum wears to keep copy quality o.k.
    So they are not as clever as they think and they then have to pay for a service call when this happens!!!

Still, keeps us in a job !