Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Nelo

MFC9460cdn - black white prints

Hi everyone, trying to bar some of my users to print colour. I check brother websites for monochrome drivers but found nothing. Is there anyway I can gray out the printing preferences so users can not change to color printing.
    I tried all security settings in the printer properties I can think of, but nothing seems to be OK.

Any bright ideas will greatly help.

Thanks

nelo

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    U could try the universal print driver and deselect color for those particular installs

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Also forgot u can use the machinrs web based secure function lock to restrict user access to functions. Download the network users guide for your machine from Brothers website.

Nelo

Re: MFC9460cdn - black white prints

If I install this driver in the print server, do I have the previllidges to grey out printing preferences button on the printer properties or some advanced security settings that can not allow users to change settings from their PC. Our network environment is domain. I believe I can alter the print registry but may affect other applications in the server, one other way is to create user group policies but I want to do it the simplest way and that's to install a monochrome driver.
    Is the Driver you mentioned a universal driver and recommended for brother printers and mfc's, where can I download this driver and the driver name please??

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

You can tell them not to print color. Or get them B & W printers.

Nelo

Can't get a black and white printer / mfc, we have users who print color, will have to check the printer web browser page about the secure lock and have a go at it.Thanks.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Simplest way for you is the machines function lock setting. As I said in the previous post dowload the network user guide from Brother's website for your machine and read up on configuring it.