Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Raider01

Brother MFC-7820N

Hi all!

My old Brother MFC-7820N sometimes restarts several times when power on, sometimes when start printing: essentially the unit stop loading paper from frontal tray or from internal tray, turn itself off and then on, seems to start working then restart again. Sometimes instead the unit works fine.

Somebody can help me please?

Thanks to all in advice!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Brother MFC-7820N

Usuallư mainboard and/or lvps issue. When machine starts drawing power to run the motors it cant cope and loses power. Mostly occurs when copying as 2 motors are running

Raider01

Quote Originally Posted by Elmtech View Post
    Usuallư mainboard and/or lvps issue. When machine starts drawing power to run the motors it cant cope and loses power. Mostly occurs when copying as 2 motors are running
    Thanks for your answer... maybe mainboard failure instead, due for example to a bad capacitor? Is abnormal that the unit powers off the on immediately...

andrei812

Hello,

I have an old Brother MFC-7820N printer and I had to replace the develop drive gear which was broken. In order to do so I had to take out the mainboard as well.
    Before disconnecting it I took pictures so that I remember which cable goes into which connector. Unfortunately I took the pictures after I disconnected a few wires ending with ring terminals - probably supply wires which are supposed to be connected with screws. I replaced the develop drive gear, mounted everything back, connected everything back all right except two green wires and a black wire all ending with ring terminals. I surfed the net looking for a picture of the mainboard of the MFC-7820N mounted in the printer so that I can identify where do these wires have to be connected but I didn't find any. I would appreciate a lot if someone could help me with a picture of the mainboard inside the printer so that I can identify the position of these wires!
    I uploaded a picture showing these wires.

Best regards
    Andrei
    andrei.tudose@aliceadsl.fr
    Attached Images Attached Images