Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

MFC8220 How to reset "secure mode" when password is loss

I have an MFC8220 that has secure mode enable and customer dont know the password. I try to get in maintenance mode (menu*2864) to reinitialize with 01 but the security mode wont allow it. Is there a backdoor to get into maintenance by olding specific keys and powering up equipment ?

Re: MFC8220 How to reset "secure mode" when password is loss

Try removing the power lead, hold down menu and power back up. This works on some models but not all

Hope this helps

Technician

To Dickie,
    Thanks, it work, it got me into maintenance mode. It lead you to beleive that you're not by showing "Secure mode" still but its flashing and if you enter 01 (or any valid one) the screen change to maintenance.

I have never come across "Secure mode" before but if you need a password to switch it off most Brother machines will allow access to locked keyboards if you input the last 4 digits of the current page count.
    Try this.
    If it has a reports key print off "User settings" usually number 5 & the page count is usually in the bottom right corner.
    If this is not there try doing a 77 in maintenance mode if it will let you and the page count is on this service sheet.
    If you get the "Incorrect password" message add 1 to the count displayed and try again as some machines do not include the page you have just printed in the count displayed and then increment the machine counter by 1 so your printed reading is 1 short.

Good luck