Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Salespeople? How to find them...?

Cool Salespeople? How to find them...?

Hello all... I am looking to hire a Salesperson, but I needed to know how you guys find yours? Do you have to train them? Is there a Base Salary you offer, or all Commission? Does anyone have a contract they'd be willing to share with me so I know what questions to ask? Thanks in advance!
    Oystercopy

Service Manager 100+ Posts eddie110171's Avatar

Re: Salespeople? How to find them...?

We run an ad on Craigslist for salesperson. Double book appointments because at least half (in our experience) don't show. You have to give them at least a base for the first three months. I like a tapering base that tapers down after three months. Some companies do a base against draw. We give a base and they have to make goal to get commission. There are many ways to do it. But if they can't survive until they can make some sales they will quit.

Gar the pilot

Re: Salespeople? How to find them...?

We do the sales ourself. We know our clients, they know our service, and we don't shoot them blue sky. I am in the chamber and a leaders group, and have sold machines at the grocery store, mall & ball field. Other wise, like was already said Craigs list or the chamber of commerce/word of mouth.
    Used car salesmen used to last up to 1 year, but mostly 4-6 months. They are good at cherry picking the low hanging fruit so they do some good, mostly if you keep them away from your clients. Good luck and don't worry too much if you have a few rotate through before you find a keeper. Don't let dead wood hang around too long eather, they can be a drag on the tec dept.
    My 2 cents
    Gar