Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts theengel's Avatar

Indy Techs - Promoting your website

I've been thinking about this for years now.

I had no job, even though I had years of experience in printer & copier repair. Because I knew about SEO work and web marketing, I decided to start my own repair business while waiting to be hired. I looked at competing websites, used what knowledge I had, and created my own. Within a month I was at the top of Google in my city. My website listing towered above all the big local names. I was getting calls from paying customers within two weeks. Since then, I've had a steady supply of new customers, most of whom found me online.

And I never paid a dime for advertising.

So here's what I've been chewing on the past few years...

I see other indy's struggling to get noticed. Many of them work part time for years, trying to build enough clients to go full time. I want to help them. But at the same time, I want to make money.

I thought about selling my webmaster & SEO services to such men. But that wouldn't work, I don't think, because most of them were like me--they just didn't have enough money to put into their sites. They have to do it themselves.

Then I thought of writing a short book, with step-by-step instructions for how to get clients from homemade websites. The problem is that I can't charge a lot for the book... and I don't think there are enough independent technicians to get all that many book sales.

But finally, I said "Screw it." I'm okay with not selling a whole lot of books. So I started writing it, and I'm about 2/3's done.

What I'm posting about is this: I need independent technicians who are interested in reading something like this to look it over and tell me if it's helpful to them. So if you think you'd want to find out how to out-rank your competition online, PM me, and I'll send you a copy of my first draft. It should be finished in the next week or two. Just let me know if you want it in MOBI, EPUB, or PDF format. All I want in return is constructive criticism or a good review once it's listed on Amazon.

Hopefully, the moderators won't see this as shameless self-promotion and delete this post. I have contributed a lot to this forum (although I've probably benefited twice as much).

Re: Indy Techs - Promoting your website

Quote Originally Posted by theengel View Post
    I've been thinking about this for years now.

I had no job, even though I had years of experience in printer & copier repair. Because I knew about SEO work and web marketing, I decided to start my own repair business while waiting to be hired. I looked at competing websites, used what knowledge I had, and created my own. Within a month I was at the top of Google in my city. My website listing towered above all the big local names. I was getting calls from paying customers within two weeks. Since then, I've had a steady supply of new customers, most of whom found me online.

And I never paid a dime for advertising.

So here's what I've been chewing on the past few years...

I see other indy's struggling to get noticed. Many of them work part time for years, trying to build enough clients to go full time. I want to help them. But at the same time, I want to make money.

I thought about selling my webmaster & SEO services to such men. But that wouldn't work, I don't think, because most of them were like me--they just didn't have enough money to put into their sites. They have to do it themselves.

Then I thought of writing a short book, with step-by-step instructions for how to get clients from homemade websites. The problem is that I can't charge a lot for the book... and I don't think there are enough independent technicians to get all that many book sales.

But finally, I said "Screw it." I'm okay with not selling a whole lot of books. So I started writing it, and I'm about 2/3's done.

What I'm posting about is this: I need independent technicians who are interested in reading something like this to look it over and tell me if it's helpful to them. So if you think you'd want to find out how to out-rank your competition online, PM me, and I'll send you a copy of my first draft. It should be finished in the next week or two. Just let me know if you want it in MOBI, EPUB, or PDF format. All I want in return is constructive criticism or a good review once it's listed on Amazon.

Hopefully, the moderators won't see this as shameless self-promotion and delete this post. I have contributed a lot to this forum (although I've probably benefited twice as much).

One of my friends is bugging me to join him with web marketing. Come the new year will get started.
    Whatever

Very interested, sent you a pm.

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Place me on the proof reader list if you wish...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Am returning your PM.

This is where I have the final product listed.

Amazon.com: Independent Field Technicians: Gaining New Customers From Your Website, Even If You Have Heavy Competition eBook: Eric Engel: Kindle Store

So after you've read it, if you feel it was helpful, don't be afraid to leave a review. I'll still be offering it free to copytech users via PM.