Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Angry Ricoh vs Kyocera and vise verse

I'm trying to get an idea on how many techs out there are having problems with customer satifaction when sales changes one of their customers from one manufacturer to the other
    Last edited by Brianneoe; 01-23-2016 at 05:21 PM. Reason: full post did not post

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Ricoh vs Kyocera and vise verse

Well, I can't talk about Kyocera as that's one of the manufacturers I've never worked on. But as a Lanier tech who has seen Toshiba, Sharp, and Panasonic machines back in the analog days, and then switching to all Ricoh digital equipment (and being a Xerox noob to boot!), it's a given that there will be some dissatisfaction right after the switch, sometimes due to the different features and capabilities of the equipment. This dissatisfaction will also be influenced quite a bit by the relationship you have with your customers, and a good relationship will minimize the scope and duration of that dissatisfaction.
    Good luck!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh vs Kyocera and vise verse

The only comment that I've heard consistently from past Ricoh owners is that they've gotten used to the braille black-black-black heavy toner fill of their Ricoh. So, for example, if they're an accounting firm, the pencil originals on yellow legal tablet went from being almost a solid black page, to an almost blank page, because the Kyocera sees the yellow background and lightens up the entire page including the light pencil image. After about the fourth visit I brought them a package of white legal tablets and gave it to them. Them demonstrated that Auto doesn't try to lighten up they're already light pencil image.

You'll go through a lot less vacuum filters. Kyocera's don't dump the majority of the toner in the paper path. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

This could be a touchy issue.

I started on Ricoh. If they are taken care of properly they work as advertized. The connectivity is better thought out.
    The Kyocera machines, a bit more plastic but in my opinion will out perform the Ricoh machines.
    Whatever