Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Haw to print OK,prepare help !

Please help my :-) i am new on bussines,i have a KM C6500,i want to lern how to prepare a print for good printing.. a book? info ? CMYK or RGB ? Color profile or not,i print from Photoshop,is this ok is must buy corel for printing ok?

TX

Re: Haw to print OK,prepare help !

YMCK, Fiery, PostScript, Engine Calibration, Creative Suite, profiles, color management, spectrometer/densitometer, Command Workstation .... this is a whole trade that i am doing for the last 20 years and still know nothing about even though I have taken Desktop Publishing ... IMHO it would be better to ask specific questions.

Cheers
    Last edited by MFPTech; 08-22-2016 at 03:10 AM.

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

With color printing unlike with colored lights, you are dealing with a "subtractive" color palette. So CMYK is the the first thing to consider.
    Another thing to consider is the printing resolution of of your equipment. Usually for the best quality printout you would use the highest resolution setting. However, if the computer you are printing from isn't able to process an image with that high of a resolution, it may stall or cause unintended print defects. It may take a bit of experimentation for you to find the proper settings for that.
    Finally, all art is subjective. That means even if it looks good to you it might look terrible to others. Still, if you find a setup that looks good to you, start with that. For most people that will be OK, and most of the others it will probably come around after some mature discussion. That just leaves minority of the jerks, if possible ignore those as no good will come from them.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MFPTech View Post
    YMCK, Fiery, PostScript, Engine Calibration, Creative Suite, profiles, color management, spectrometer/densitometer, Command Workstation .... this is a whole trade that i am doing for the last 20 years and still know nothing about even though I have taken Desktop Publishing ... IMHO it would be better to ask specific questions.

Cheers
    Hallo

haw to prepare a print,usually i use photoshop profile RGB,wen i printing feiry transform al in CMYK.I test printing from photoshop with CMYK profile,all color is desaturated.i want to know the right procedure to prepare printing job :-).I have a desitometer FS 1000 i calibrate my C6500 before the print a major job.if i use KM C6500 i must work al in CMYK profile ? or is ok in RGB..i use photoshop.
    I must convert all job in PDF X4,PDF HI REZ or TIF ? I don't have a big typography,i want to offer small quantity with good duality :-)

TX
    Last edited by liondor1969; 08-22-2016 at 06:10 AM.