Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Syncing Ricoh DSD

I am a lead tech in a small branch of our company. I have built a file sharing server that myself and the other branch techs use daily to sync all of our computers to get the latest/greatest ideas, bulletins, manuals, etc. Works excellent using syncthing program.

Company wide uses Own Cloud to sync. Unfortunately no one is really maintaining it and DSD has not been updated for over a year.

I would like to try to incorporate an automatic dsd updater to this computer/server.

Don't know what software is needed to do this, or how do get it. Mgmt hasn't been much help to this effect. I am assuming that DSD can not be sync'd without some sort of management level authorization, or can a lowly tech like me do it?

Any help appreciated.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Not a service manager 2,500+ Posts Iowatech's Avatar

Re: Syncing Ricoh DSD

Unfortunately, the official DSD and FSD have been dead for quite a while. The last update I was able to get was about two or three years ago, and I can't connect to the website we used then anymore even with tracert, I just tried. So unless you know something I don't, I think you're out of luck.
    If you do know something I don't know, Filezilla can be your friend if the updates can download via FTP. That's what we used for the last few years of DSD and FSD access. And we used nowhere near the full features of that program.
    Last edited by Iowatech; 09-11-2016 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Bad original edit, d'oh.