Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3d printing

Service Manager 250+ Posts SwisSeV's Avatar

Re: 3d printing

Had a call for a crusty copy machine today at a highschool. When I got there they where having a 3d printer delivered (makerbot). I asked the administrator about it and she was saying they are running multiple machines and its a really popular class and other schools are jumping on too. She also said that she wasn't sure what to do about service. I told her right away to let my company know if we could possibly cover the future service. Next I need to talk to my boss about sending me to a 3d tech class. Its happening!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: 3d printing - Diversification!

Quote Originally Posted by SwisSeV View Post
    Had a call for a crusty copy machine today at a highschool. When I got there they where having a 3d printer delivered (makerbot). I asked the administrator about it and she was saying they are running multiple machines and its a really popular class and other schools are jumping on too. She also said that she wasn't sure what to do about service. I told her right away to let my company know if we could possibly cover the future service. Next I need to talk to my boss about sending me to a 3d tech class. Its happening!
    WooHoo!....This will be the beginning of the end of mass produced items and the beginning of uniquely designed items!....People will start to think, design, construct & build! Can we recuperate ourselves from the "dumbing down" that mass production has created??? Yes, there is a place for mass production, but the uniqueness of 3D printing helps to "diversify" and open a whole new world to the common man!

DIY high resolution 3D DLP printer (3D SLA printer)

Layered paper 3D printers: Full color, durable objects at a fraction of the cost

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Re: 3d printing - Diversification!

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    WooHoo!....This will be the beginning of the end of mass produced items and the beginning of uniquely designed items!....People will start to think, design, construct & build! Can we recuperate ourselves from the "dumbing down" that mass production has created??? Yes, there is a place for mass production, but the uniqueness of 3D printing helps to "diversify" and open a whole new world to the common man!

DIY high resolution 3D DLP printer (3D SLA printer)

Layered paper 3D printers: Full color, durable objects at a fraction of the cost

It's defined as "ART".
    AKA : The freedom of expression.
    AKA : The liberation of the soul.

"If" you could travel to the future and return back to the same present time frame;
    I'm betting odds on you would return with one word for your peer audience, (NO NOT 42)... the word would be "ART".

... Art stimulates the soul into creativity. No creativity, then there is only pending stagnation.

(Aside..., all worldly problems will one day be solved, leaving "ART" as the soul expression of freedom.)
    Last edited by NeoMatrix; 12-17-2016 at 12:35 PM.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••