Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    JSharp3180

Advice needed for 2 high volume MFP's

Of the 3 Canon ImagePress 1110's we bought around 10 years ago, 1 became a problem child at about 1.6 million copies and was put down to be used for parts. The other 2 have 2.8 and 2.6 million copies each and are becoming increasingly problematic.

Our current volume averages 30,000/month per machine, although it's erratic - we may do 10,000 in two months and 80,000 in the next month. 99% of this is 8.5x11, though we occasionally use 8.5x14 and rarely 11x17. We do not need color.

We also use them heavily for scanning/OCRing/saving documents on our server and sending to our email.

Since I need a solution within 6 months, I'm preparing to line up the Canon, Ricoh, Xerox, Kyocera salespeople who have all been trying to sell me products for the past 3 years. I'm more concerned with what you techs have to say than the salespeople. The most important factors to me are cost and reliability. I can justify more expensive machines if they provide a significant degree of confidence in higher reliability. I would also like slightly smaller machines than the 1110's, since new machines would need to fit in a slightly smaller space.

Our long-time Canon service tech's (who we trust) now work for Xerox and are pushing Xerox machines, which they can service themselves. I'm doing my due diligence and looking for independent opinions.

Any help, advice, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Advice needed for 2 high volume MFP's

Re: Advice needed for 2 high volume MFP's

Would you consider a Konica Minolta product? If so, I'd highly recommend a Konica Minolta Press 1250 which is capable of a monthly volume of 3 Million, or a Konica Minolta Bizhub Pro 951 which has a capability of 1.5 million per month. Or, if you want a machine with a smaller footprint, the Bizhub 958 or Bizhub 808 will handle 300k a month.