Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Frenchy

Best copier for small business

Howdy all,

It's my first post, so I hope I am in the right section.

I'm in Paris, France in a small architectural studio. About 5 people are sharing the place and we are in need of a printing solution that would give us good image quality and reliability.

we had leasing machines for the last 5 years and we are now planning buying one.

We have tried several models all from Canon:
    -Ir3100C: a nightmare. Bad photo quality, terrible color settings.
    -CLC2620 and 3220: Perfect!

All had Fiery.

As we are buying one, we are looking for something we know like the CLC's. But maybe other brands offers similar performance for lower cost as I don't know any other brand.

Can you indicate good alternative machines?

By the way, if you know good prices I'm interested too!

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Speaking as a Ricoh tech, I'm quite impressed with the MPC2500/3000.

They aren't as plagued with faults as their bigger brother (MPC35/4500) and do produce very good image quality when bred with a Fiery.

Have a chat with Ricoh France or your local Ricoh dealer and see if they've got one with a Fiery on you can have a look at, I think you'll be impressed.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

I agree. With or without Fiery, these have been good machines.

Regards

Frenchy
    what about the cost for the Ricoh? Cheaper than Canon?

By the way, we are proposed 2 different copiers:

The CLC3220 refurbished completely with no guarantee about the amount of copies

The CLC3200 refurbished with 80.000copies

Are they really different? Wich one should I go for on your advice?

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar
    Truthfully, I have no knowledge on Canon machines and wouldn't have a clue as to the comparison between the two models.

As for just buying one outright, I would definitely consider getting a service contract on whichever machine you choose, if you are going to give this machine high colour volume then it's parts are going to require replacing more often, that could get VERY costly if you have to call an engineer out on a chargeable basis. However, it's with all things, might be cheaper with a contract, might be cheaper without. Pros and cons, all that rubbish!
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

halloo frenchy..go for develop or konica minolta copiers. i'm sure you'll be impressed. they're great machines!

redime
    What kind of monthly volume are you looking at? What type of reproduction are you looking for? What sizes of paper and types (thickness) do you need to be able to use? Way too many questions to ask inorder to get an answer on a web forum.

Contact some local copier sales companies to discuss your needs to see what they can come up with.

Ya Know, I am sure like most of us (techs) have been asked this question all the time and "my" response to break the ice is “Its hard to answer that question because the only copiers I see are broken" LOL.. With that in mind all techs have there favorite boxes, and not all techs see ALL units. What I usually tell my customer is that it's like buying a car, they all do the same thing, some just have more bells and whistles then others. I tell my customer the boxes "I" like and follow up with a few model #'s to get them educated and have them do their home work with the features they will utilize.
    Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men -- the other 999 follow women.

Frenchy
    Okay thanks guys

As you said, we are using Canon for the last 5 years so I guess we'll gonna stick with it.

We actually have proposal for buying a clc3220 with about 45k copies for 4000€ and I think we are gonna go with this one....

..unless you think it's not worth it!