98 13.21%
  • 20-30 Years

231 31.13%
  • 30 + Years

142 19.14%
Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: How Long Servicing Office Equipment

Keeping a positive and caring attitude will help your day go smoother. Plus you never know what the future holds. Doing good work and keeping the customer happy may make it easier to steal that customer over to you if you ever go solo.

Rtek

Thanks everyone for the pep talk. I needed it. My reputation far out ways any others.

Rtek

And for any managers listening.......remember who keeps your existing customer base....as long as the billing issues don't come into play...lol

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Since 1990, NOW 21 years in this industry! I was poached from a telecommunications company where I was working as a Radio & Transmission engineer, by the GESTETNER company ( NASHUATEC) when it opened the door in my country with a bang! I was trained on their electric duplicators, gestetner 2316 copiers, scanners (with a stylus writing on a electronic stencil), & the COPY PRINTER, which is their digital duplicator equivalent of the Risograph.

Years later I moved to a CANON dealership for about 13 years. I'M now running my own small company, handling all brands. This industry is sweet & enjoyable. New challenges, new people, ever changing technology keeps us on our toes everyday! The introduction of the digital copiers, with its ever dynamic IT component/Network connectivity makes the work sweeter as one is constantly exposed to new learning.

I see my retirement still a long way off although old age is catching up on me with its LAW OF DIMINISHING RETURNS. We've started bringing in fresh young blood on board.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

3 years feels like 30 since I got thrown into servicing sharp, Kyocera, and canon on my own, not to mention kip, hp, and brother, among others. I feel like I am a 10 year veteran at least.

18years

Service Tech

27 years. Scary

27 years. Scary.

Service Manager 100+ Posts glewisme's Avatar

I started as a delivery driver in 1999. Within a month I was setting up equipment and doing in house repairs. I grew up working on cars rebuilding engines and troubleshooting electrical systems etc... Becoming a tech came naturally, and easily. It's the customers I've yet to figure out how to fix. LOL. My doc feeder is jamming, well keep the paperclips and Doritos out of the paper path then you moron.

Commissar Cain

Smile Re: How Long Servicing Office Equipment

Seven glorious years. Still green as the grass.

CC

Commissar Cain

Smile Re: How Long Servicing Office Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by glewisme View Post
    I started as a delivery driver in 1999. Within a month I was setting up equipment and doing in house repairs. I grew up working on cars rebuilding engines and troubleshooting electrical systems etc... Becoming a tech came naturally, and easily. It's the customers I've yet to figure out how to fix. LOL. My doc feeder is jamming, well keep the paperclips and Doritos out of the paper path then you moron.
    How about skittles in an MP tray?

My favorite so far.

CC