• 10-15 Years

108 14.56%
  • 15-20 Years

98 13.21%
  • 20-30 Years

231 31.13%
  • 30 + Years

142 19.14%
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: How Long Servicing Office Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Bill T. View Post
    We have all posted what we work on, what we like and dont like to work on lets see numbers of years we have been doing it. Im at 25 years.
    34 years and still loosing and tightening screws !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts blackdog's Avatar

I forgot! LoL

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Has Been View Post
    51 years.
    wow
    ok someone had to start it

I'm working with technology since 1986. first telephony then computers and netware (remember cp500, amiga, hotbit?) and "more recently" document production machines like copiers, mfps, plotters, fax, connections like Fiery and all ink and toner technology for the last 25 years.

29 years and still here

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    How Long Servicing Office Equipment

Ok, so I'm new to this thread. Holy crap, it started like 7 years ago. Gordie might not even be alive anymore, or at least he's probably blind from all the exposure lamps he's watched go back and forth over his 45 years of copier service. WOW!! THAT IS A LONG TIME SIR! I was yelling in case your hearing is gone too.
    I have been in the copier business since 1982, you do the math, it depresses me. I started working for a multi brand dealer (liquid Savins, Mita rolled paper machines(now Kyocera), Royal (now KonicaMinolta), Kip, Olivetti, and a few more, I cant remember, Gordie help me out here.
    I started my own copier business in late 1986 and have had a few offices in Utah, Las Vegas and Phoenix. Now , I just have the 1 in Utah. Sold the others(kind of, still waiting on the money, You know who you are, geeze, send me something $50.00?)
    Getting old myself, tired of it all, I've gone through many burnouts in this business, but am still hanging on, mentally, barely.
    Jim Intavia and his resources has helped me a lot through the years. Probably would not have survived without him. Is he even still alive?
    I figured I could go on and on here and nobody will probably end up reading this anyway, since it's at the end of so many others posts over 7 years now.
    but here it is, The End.
    One of these days I'm gunna quit.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copydocinc View Post
    Ok, so I'm new to this thread. Holy crap, it started like 7 years ago. Gordie might not even be alive anymore, or at least he's probably blind from all the exposure lamps he's watched go back and forth over his 45 years of copier service. WOW!! THAT IS A LONG TIME SIR! I was yelling in case your hearing is gone too.
    I have been in the copier business since 1982, you do the math, it depresses me. I started working for a multi brand dealer (liquid Savins, Mita rolled paper machines(now Kyocera), Royal (now KonicaMinolta), Kip, Olivetti, and a few more, I cant remember, Gordie help me out here.
    I started my own copier business in late 1986 and have had a few offices in Utah, Las Vegas and Phoenix. Now , I just have the 1 in Utah. Sold the others(kind of, still waiting on the money, You know who you are, geeze, send me something $50.00?)
    Getting old myself, tired of it all, I've gone through many burnouts in this business, but am still hanging on, mentally, barely.
    Jim Intavia and his resources has helped me a lot through the years. Probably would not have survived without him. Is he even still alive?
    I figured I could go on and on here and nobody will probably end up reading this anyway, since it's at the end of so many others posts over 7 years now.
    but here it is, The End.
    One of these days I'm gunna quit.
    Yes, I think Jim INTRAVIA is still very much alive, i recently came across his article and recent photo, in a blog, on ''The Copier Network'' website.

very interrsting post to read, maybe you could have done even more in a writing career! i hear many people quitting this industry or don't want to invest in it, what's going on, who is hurting it, Costco and other companies that sell desktop MFPs, the manufactures themselves for improving the reliability of the technology or just people using less paper?

Technicien de copieur 100+ Posts Zoren's Avatar

Probably most of the guys on this thread are experts on this business machine than me. I did once tried to quit. But the machine kept messing in your mind. Here I am once again doing the same old routine on these MFP's. In the end I just said what the heck " it's just Made in Japan" been doin it ever since
    Just came out from hybernation.....

Should I put an offer into buying your business? lol

How Long Servicing Office Equipment

I'm also at 30 years with no end in sight. It's a long road, but II love it!!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Feel sorry for you suckers who are 25 yrs and up in this biz. I use to do industrial construction working with around heavy equipments ect and loved that. came to the north pole and found lots of construction but you had to be like a polar bear to survive those brutal winters. Ah, then the AT computers started out and i did a course and here since. It's been great for the most part and remember not to long ago was using those annoying mike.[ i think it is called half-duplex communication, where only one could talk on the device at a time.]
    Now i can watch you tube, see the world while i work. love it.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke