Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    How Long Servicing Office Equipment

Re: How Long Servicing Office Equipment

33 years for me.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

1998 Pana PBX then fax, then Canon bubblejets then HP laser printers..few other fields in logistics, bit sales and marketing ..started to missing mechanics and got bored of sudoku and solving puzzles..so went back to electrostatic business of Kyo and KM.

Sent from portable device using fast cheapset!
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

33 Years this January. Paid a fortune for computer repair school. Down to board level. "Basic"was the operating software.
    Was 19 and was offered a job with IBM in Virginia. But didn't wanna leave my Fiance..... so I took a job at Canon to service copiers, which was considered the lowest
    job you can get, according to everyone in Computer repair industry. But a few years later their jobs became obsolete. So I'm pretty sure I made the right move. No matter how much we say we hate this or that about being a copier repair tech, its a pretty damn good job/career. I started my own company in 1992 and still get out on road every day. Some of my customers ive had for 26 plus years and only want me to service their equipment. Which I'm fine with.

Technician

I replied to this thread last year and said that I was starting my 50th year. Well, this is now my 51st year, and still going strong.

31 years

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I replied to this thread last year and said that I was starting my 50th year. Well, this is now my 51st year, and still going strong.
    Wow,I thought I was doing well in my 41st year all on Savin/Nashua/Ricoh. I once owned the largest Ricoh franchise in the world but only in area not machine population.
    Almost 73 so I won't be beating your record
    Congratulations.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by westpest View Post
    Wow,I thought I was doing well in my 41st year all on Savin/Nashua/Ricoh. I once owned the largest Ricoh franchise in the world but only in area, not machine population.
    Almost 73 so I won't be beating your record
    Congratulations.
    You and I followed the same path. I started with Xerox in 1968, then went Independent in 1983. Became a Pansonic dearer in 1984. Sold the business for health reasons in 1996. Too much presssure on the old blood pressure. Retired for 4 months. Got bored! Went to work for a Canon Micrographic and copier dealer in late 1996. It was supposed to be part time, but soon went full time. Left Canon and went to work for a lanier/ricoh dealer in 2002. They made me an offer I could not refuse. Been with them every since. Oh, and I'll be 73 in December. Still riding Quads in the desert, camping when I can, and fishing now and then. The knees and back are still in great shape, thanks to a weekly round of golf. Hope it last!

Smile Re: How Long Servicing Office Equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You and I followed the same path. I started with Xerox in 1968, then went Independent in 1983. Became a Pansonic dearer in 1984. Sold the business for health reasons in 1996. Too much presssure on the old blood pressure. Retired for 4 months. Got bored! Went to work for a Canon Micrographic and copier dealer in late 1996. It was supposed to be part time, but soon went full time. Left Canon and went to work for a lanier/ricoh dealer in 2002. They made me an offer I could not refuse. Been with them every since. Oh, and I'll be 73 in December. Still riding Quads in the desert, camping when I can, and fishing now and then. The knees and back are still in great shape, thanks to a weekly round of golf. Hope it last!
    I sold my business 14 years ago and retired...for about two weeks and started working for the guy I sold it to. Fit as a fiddle but skeleton is letting me down.So far about 24 surgical procedures all on joints including a knee and shoulder reconstruction and 15 procedures on both hands. and I can still use a screwdriver.

But if you rest you rust...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

I was delivering food at a cafe next to a copier guy's shop, they came in all the time, one day i was chatting and the guy said to me , can you come over and do something for me after work, i said sure, i had never even opened up a copier in my life,i put something back together for him then he asked if i could go somewhere and fix something after work, i did, i spent the next 7 years working for that guy! and now i have my own practice .... LOL
    13 years, seems like yesterday

Technician

40 Years same company come next February. Started 02/09/1979. Was introduced to the Savin 770 and 780. I have been to over 25 out of state Training trips some 2 weeks most 1 week. What a life. I plan to retire on my 45th anniversary.