Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Desktop Color All in one

Re: Desktop Color All in one

The 4050's have had their issues. The C3351/C3851fs have run very good for us. A lot better than the C35's. Have a few running 15-20,000/month.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Desktop Color All in one

I can tell you what NOT to use.

I'd stay away from the Okidata's in that size.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 907tec View Post
    Genuinely surprised to hear people liking the C3351. I refuse to sell desktop Konica Minolta machines, due to the horrendous C35 (and Magicolors...). I've been working on several BH4050's (made by Lexmark), and am thoroughly unimpressed. The few C3350s and C3351's that I have worked on seem like they just slapped new covers on the C35 without addressing the underlying issues (same scanner drive belt? seriously?).

I'm not sure what I would recommend, unfortunately, but I can't say I've had good experience with desktop KM's.
    I currently have 3 BH C3351 and there have been no problems for now.

What problems did you have 907tec?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thankfully, I don't technically have any in my area. The ones I am responsible for are located on cruise ships which only visit from May-September. Last summer, I had repeated MFPB, MEM, and SSDB failures, though (on C3350's). Some of this can be attributed to the poor electrical grid onboard, but it doesn't explain the higher-than-average failure rate. I am probably also letting my hatred for the C35 affect my feelings towards the C3350/C3351. Even though it's easy, replacing the scanner belt is a huge pet peeve of mine. The fact that they still haven't addressed the simplest of issues really annoys me.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts itchyfinger@att.net's Avatar

agree. stay away from oki. still think your best bet is the Kyocera brand

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Bix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 907tec View Post
    Thankfully, I don't technically have any in my area. The ones I am responsible for are located on cruise ships which only visit from May-September. Last summer, I had repeated MFPB, MEM, and SSDB failures, though (on C3350's). Some of this can be attributed to the poor electrical grid onboard, but it doesn't explain the higher-than-average failure rate. I am probably also letting my hatred for the C35 affect my feelings towards the C3350/C3351. Even though it's easy, replacing the scanner belt is a huge pet peeve of mine. The fact that they still haven't addressed the simplest of issues really annoys me.
    Most probably it is for this. The power supply is irregular. Moreover, being a ship, there will be a lot of humidity and this affects a lot.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Agreed about the causes, but there was a significantly higher failure-rate on these small boxes versus the dozen C364e/C654e's spread around the rest of the ship. Duplex (9303?) errors also can't be directly blamed on the power issues, and I sunk WAY too many hours into replacing door assemblies/exit drive assemblies/duplex clutches. My hatred for desktop KM's stems from the old Magicolor "carousel" machines, and they haven't made anything since then to regain my trust.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Desktop Color All in one

Will have to keep you updated on my C3351/C33851fs. We have a few that have been running over 15k/month. Printing to it mostly. Helps with the scanner belt wear.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Desktop Color All in one

first one started having problems with the finisher. Intermittently jamming when it is pushing a set out while the next sheet is entering the finisher. Anyone see this?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Desktop Color All in one

The C3851fs seems to have problems with dry rails in the finisher. Just had the second one cause jamming issues and noise. After cleaning and lubing the rails, working again.