Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Independents who lease copiers

I am a copier and printer independent company and I have been in business for over 11 years. I am wanting to get into leasing (in house) and I was curious if there are any others out there who do leasing. I am mainly wanting to know what percentages you charge per usage on a all inclusive contract. I'm very comfortable with the equipment leasing aspect, but I am not 100% clear on all inclusive leasing with service and toner. If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it.
    CompTia A+ Certified
    CompTia Net+ Certified
    CompTia Server+ Certified
    CompTia Project+ Certified
    OP Scanshare Certified

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Re: Independents who lease copiers

I am in Canada and the rules of leasing are somewhat different.

It appears you are asking about a cpc all inclusive lease. This is a lease where the cost per copy includes both the meter click and the equipment rental.

This type of lease is not very common any more in my area. It is dependent on the customer agreeing to in writing a minimum monthly volume.

Any leasing company can provide a worksheet to calculate what that number should be.

Or are you asking if you finance the lease yourself and carry the money for several years how much should you mark it up? If so, the answer is not much. Your quote still has to be competitive.

This form of finance is usually only extended to customer who cannot get lease approved due to poor credit history or other reasons. You are placing the copier and letting them know that if they do not pay their invoices on time, you will personally arrive back on site and pick up the copier.

This form of finance is usually only for used copiers at very low cost where you can take the risk. It is hard to carry this money on new copiers.