Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Sub for Barrister, any feedback?

Got an opportunity to subcontract for Barrister in my area, mainly for Zerox.

Anyone had experience as a sub for this company, any feedback?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by buzz; 01-19-2018 at 06:21 PM.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: Sub for Barrister, any feedback?

Sorry never heard of Barrister but have done some Sub work in my area for companies that sell on internet. I told them right up front if I'm not paid in a timely manner I won't do another service call for them. So far so good. If you don't get paid within 30 days call them and tell them you need immediate payment and if goes past 30 days again call someone else! These companies need us little guys because the big companies won't do it.

Technician

My problem with Barrister is that when I looked into it, they wanted to pay $25.00 for almost everything, no matter how far away or how long it took. I told them several times that it wasn't worth a decent tech's time to go anywhere for $25.00. That's been a few years ago now, so maybe they have changed.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Did not have good experiences with them. Absolute nightmare to deal with, takes months to actually get paid. We were able to get them to pay us at our standard hourly rate (i.e. 5x their rate), but it still wasn't worth it. Cumulatively, I spent hours on the phone with them and filling out bs paperwork, just for a measly 1 hour job. Think it ended up taking ~3 months to actually get paid.

I have no love for these scavengers. Companies like Barrister are a blight on the industry.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Wild Bill's Avatar

I agree, so many hoops to jump through just for a little printer ticket. I looked at them several years ago and they wanted to pay me like $35.00...I'd rather stay in bed.
    Now to be fair it has been almost ten years ago so, you can always check it out, see what they offer.
    Izzy