Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Konica Lifespan

alwaysryu

Question Konica Lifespan

I'm the "copier guy" at our school. We have been purchasing Konica Minolta Bizhubs( currently running 2 754e for our teachers) the teachers have put a little over two million copies on each machine in just three years. Is that a lot over the time frame? Should I look into replacing these machines? They get serviced by a certified tech whenever there is any issue with them but they have multiple people poking and proding at them when they jam. If you need any more info please let me know. Thank you all.

Re: Konica Lifespan

Two Million usually you want to replace them every 3 years. 4 years if you must for the budget longest before you start having issues.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Konica Lifespan

If being serviced correctly, I have seen/heard of these machines getting 3-6 million on them.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts giddyupngo's Avatar

I would say 2 million on these machines is similar to 150K on a car. You can still drive it for a long time, but you are going to be paying the mechanic a lot more, and in the case of copiers they are going to be down more, and needing more unusual parts that are not always readily in stock.