Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    To be a Toshiba Dealer or not?

I sell and service Ricoh MFP's now and would love ANY feedback you can give about the Toshiba line up. I have a Toshiba dealer rep coming next week to talk about becoming a dealer. I have not heard good things about past machines but am curious about the new line up ie =2515AC thru 5015AC. Thanks in advance!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: To be a Toshiba Dealer or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Hadster View Post
    I sell and service Ricoh MFP's now and would love ANY feedback you can give about the Toshiba line up. I have a Toshiba dealer rep coming next week to talk about becoming a dealer. I have not heard good things about past machines but am curious about the new line up ie =2515AC thru 5015AC. Thanks in advance!
    cant speak on their new lines.. old line mainly color were trash..weird PM schedules... very dirty units from running.... very time consuming PM's
    Run Forest RUN!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

The latest are better. The developing units will still need premature seal and bearing replacement like the Weisshorn High and Low series. The charge grids seem to corrode and turn green long before the PM cycle. The cassettes are fussy about how you close them. If you slam the tray it will show "???" paper size. If you close gentle it will show the correct paper size. I've demonstrated this hundreds of times, and nobody believes me.

The HDD's are doing much better than the previous models. I've only changed one drive on the newest, and that customer kept yanking the plug to "fix" the jamming. The only thing he "fixed" was the HDD (to death).
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Toshiba is a very dealer friendly product line. The latest eBN2 product line is excellent and incredibly well featured. The product line works well. IT Managers and dealer Service technicians love working with the Top Access web browser and Universal 2 print driver.

Parts and developers often last far beyond factory specs.

TABS dealers get access to Lexmark, Brother, HP and KIP products. Place an opening order for a e2515AC and a e478s and let the good times roll!

Although the market is trending to A4 product, the Toshiba A3 product is second to none. Just today BLI rated both the e5015AC and e4518A series Highly Recommended and Highly Reliable.