Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thoughts on becoming HP partner / authorized service center?

Hey all,

Entertaining the idea of becoming an HP Partner and authorized printer/mfp service provider. We live in a relatively remote area, and the only authorized repair center in town is closing shop. Our company already works on all makes and models (though we are a KM dealer, so that's our bread and butter). HP seems to have a pretty good share of the local state government, as well as larger business in town.

Has anyone gone through this process recently? Any impressions, good or bad, about being an authorized HP service center?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Thoughts on becoming HP partner / authorized service center?

Quote Originally Posted by 907tec View Post
    Hey all,
    Entertaining the idea of becoming an HP Partner and authorized printer/mfp service provider. We live in a relatively remote area, and the only authorized repair center in town is closing shop. Our company already works on all makes and models (though we are a KM dealer, so that's our bread and butter). HP seems to have a pretty good share of the local state government, as well as larger business in town.
    Has anyone gone through this process recently? Any impressions, good or bad, about being an authorized HP service center?
    well i do know they have a high $ requirement in supplies/sold/floor. Any of your techs have prior HP training (even grandfathered)?.. then my Xboss had to show HOW/Where he would market.. we were small.. he was lazy/cheep. nuff said. (wanted me to do 'sales' but w. no commish )

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Sorry don't mean to be a bummer but I remember a while back I was going to join up with HP. I backed out after all their demands and all I basically was going to get was a small discount on parts directly from HP. No referrals for onsite printer repairs, etc. They don't repair just send another product out and end user puts bad unit in box with return label. Tech gets screwed!

Perhaps things have changed and others will have more insight. Most likely had to change because how it was didn't work.

Best of luck

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    Sorry don't mean to be a bummer but I remember a while back I was going to join up with HP. I backed out after all their demands and all I basically was going to get was a small discount on parts directly from HP. No referrals for onsite printer repairs, etc. They don't repair just send another product out and end user puts bad unit in box with return label. Tech gets screwed!

Perhaps things have changed and others will have more insight. Most likely had to change because how it was didn't work.

Best of luck
    Nope things haven't changed

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Thanks for the input, guys. Not exactly shocked by the negative feedback. I'm not going to waste much energy courting HP. I'll extend an olive branch, but we ain't gonna jump through any hoops for these guys. If they want a service provider in our neck of the woods, sounds like they will have to make some concessions.

Appreciate all the responses.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    Selling/servicing HP 1 year now. My fellow technicians and me have it with the Beatles-song: Let it be......
    Greetings...