Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: New Company

Senior Tech 250+ Posts vincent64's Avatar

New Company

Ya'll ever hear of UBEO business services, if so what can you say about them?

Re: New Company

Just to add to this, the company I work for has been sold to this new company, been here 7 years, and got hit with this 4-15-2019 first thing Monday morning, not the way to start a week.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    New Company

If your still employed there, look out

And why do you say that ??

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    New Company

If you are starting out as a small independent, you likely do not have much working capital.

Your strength will be low operating costs working out of a home office, garage or storage locker.

Word of mouth and good references will help you find new customers.

Sounds like you will be for a long time a "one man band" who has to do sales, support and admin.

One the Admin side seriously consider farming out accounting, taxes and payroll to much more qualified people who can perform these tasks quickly, correctly and at low cost. You need to focus on revenue and not Admin.

You need to protect your health, so do not go crazy on trying to lift heavy copiers by yourself where you could injure yourself and not be able to move for a week.

You need to partner with a copier manufacturer that makes a solid product, has good credit terms and is a wheeler and dealer to give you the kind of pricing on single units where you can make a buck. You need to be able to buy products in the used aftermarket at low costs to make a good buck. You need a product brand name that people recognize and trust.

I suggest Toshiba.

I guess I did not say it right the first time, I was asking has any one heard of them, the small mom and pop place I have worked for, for the last 7 years got sold to them, I am still there, and staying for now, unless something better comes along, or I win the lottery, just wanted to ask if any one had heard of this company, and what they know of it.
    Don't have much of a choice at my age, and level of fitness, to think about anything else.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    New Company

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    If you are starting out as a small independent, you likely do not have much working capital.

Your strength will be low operating costs working out of a home office, garage or storage locker.

Word of mouth and good references will help you find new customers.

Sounds like you will be for a long time a "one man band" who has to do sales, support and admin.

One the Admin side seriously consider farming out accounting, taxes and payroll to much more qualified people who can perform these tasks quickly, correctly and at low cost. You need to focus on revenue and not Admin.

You need to protect your health, so do not go crazy on trying to lift heavy copiers by yourself where you could injure yourself and not be able to move for a week.

You need to partner with a copier manufacturer that makes a solid product, has good credit terms and is a wheeler and dealer to give you the kind of pricing on single units where you can make a buck. You need to be able to buy products in the used aftermarket at low costs to make a good buck. You need a product brand name that people recognize and trust.

I suggest Toshiba.
    Good, accurate post. That's exactly what I did 12 years ago. Doubled my income from what I used to make in about year 4 or 5, at which point I stopped advertising and relied solely on referrals. Do a good job and do it cheaper than anyone else and you shouldn't have any problems. Great sources for cheap low meter kyoceras and HP printers saved my ass. I love working my own hours, I can take off whenever I need to, but there are no paid vacations or holidays. You don't work, you don't eat.