Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    In the USA Who do you use for:

If you could give the Company website/phone #'s and preferred contact. please state brands that that support. If laser (mono/color) ink / impact etc.. And if they provide phone support for their product.

1)refurb/repair for Printed circuit boards

2) Out of warranty parts/supplies

3) 3rd party supplies (mind you I don't condone this but for reference purposes)

4) Good Websites for: a) drivers b) manuals c) firmware/updates d) end user/tech help (please besides CTN *that's a gimme*) e) tips/tricks

Now you're wondering Phil, .. WTF is in your head?

I have a really good guy that programs websites... from front to back... ordering/service portals.. all hand coded ...

we are brainstorming a "tech" info type site not pertaining to FIXING info primarily... but more a library of LINKS collectively per:

part suppliers...
    repair articles..
    part reman procedures companies..
    blah blah...

**I think you can grasp the basic concept from the basic Q's posted.**

NOW.

- Do you think this AIO info center could be an ASSET to our industry?

- Should we split Laser/LED - Ink - Thermal - Impsct into different branches from main 'page'?

- To provide this service to the general tech (like we do here), but you are a "Liberty Parts" or local service provider, would you offer free online help like our forums do, if you got free adverts on the site?

All comments (good/bad) are welcome.

maybe this idea can branch to EU?

MIND you I DO NOT CARE to Replace CopyTechNet.com I think a site that links all SUPPORTING members of the industry would a an asset.

Yea or Nay ?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: In the USA Who do you use for:

How about Printers Copiers Servicing - Reference Manual. for error and jan codes on many models.
    And PrecisionRoller.com: Online Shopping for Toner Cartridges & more for quick & dirty part number reference.

Those are my two "go-to's". =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    How about Printers Copiers Servicing - Reference Manual. for error and jan codes on many models.
    And PrecisionRoller.com: Online Shopping for Toner Cartridges & more for quick & dirty part number reference.

Those are my two "go-to's". =^..^=

I had a quick look at the Reference Manual URL above. The website might be worth a subscription...

Muchas Gracias....
    What if we could count the stars... , what number would you stop at...?"
    [Exchange manual acquisitions, PM's CTN members only. ]
    [] |N | | o | M | Δ | t | π | | x | []

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Hytec is great for board repair.
    Just avoid buying refurbed staplers from them.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Docufeedtech.com for certain rollers and belts - their brown rubber rollers are great for slick stock (will wear faster) and their blue urethane are long life. - Docufeed is mostly for various brands of mailmachine and folder/inserter but Mike down there is helpful and always willing to do custom jobs if the price is right and the job is not too serious.

I refuse to use much in the way of aftermarket for dual component toner systems and nothing aftermarket for anything development related.

The various dealer sites are hit and miss ... Toshiba is pretty good but i dislike what they did to the tech forums. Neopost can't tech their way out of a wet paper bag and I have given up and making any sense out of anything Lexmark or Okidata.

I'll second Precision Roller for info and they do carry (albeit expensive) OEM parts for various things.

...Sometimes Hytec has better tech support than the vendor ...

The list of vendor brands we sell and support is staggeringly long ....

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    If you could give the Company website/phone #'s and preferred contact. please state brands that that support. If laser (mono/color) ink / impact etc.. And if they provide phone support for their product.

1)refurb/repair for Printed circuit boards

2) Out of warranty parts/supplies

3) 3rd party supplies (mind you I don't condone this but for reference purposes)

4) Good Websites for: a) drivers b) manuals c) firmware/updates d) end user/tech help (please besides CTN *that's a gimme*) e) tips/tricks

Now you're wondering Phil, .. WTF is in your head?

I have a really good guy that programs websites... from front to back... ordering/service portals.. all hand coded ...

we are brainstorming a "tech" info type site not pertaining to FIXING info primarily... but more a library of LINKS collectively per:

part suppliers...
    repair articles..
    part reman procedures companies..
    blah blah...

**I think you can grasp the basic concept from the basic Q's posted.**

NOW.

- Do you think this AIO info center could be an ASSET to our industry?

- Should we split Laser/LED - Ink - Thermal - Impsct into different branches from main 'page'?

- To provide this service to the general tech (like we do here), but you are a "Liberty Parts" or local service provider, would you offer free online help like our forums do, if you got free adverts on the site?

All comments (good/bad) are welcome.

maybe this idea can branch to EU?

MIND you I DO NOT CARE to Replace CopyTechNet.com I think a site that links all SUPPORTING members of the industry would a an asset.

Yea or Nay ?
    Nay, there is one already and put out online magazine its called The Locator. They have sent me 10 of thousand dollars of outsourcing revenue by being a subscriber and Enx Magazine but not as much.
    Katun for aftermarket Drums,Blades, Heat Roll, Pressure roll. They carry feed rolls and more but I don't do After market Feed Components. The Drums, ,Blades, heat and pressure rollers are cheaper and better than precision roller. Toshiba feed rolls and related parts is Collins Distributing if your a you have resale # and start an account and a buy a cheap printer to get them working with you. Hytec of course for boards and they back their warranty and quick technical support on most major brands.Precision roller if your in a hurry and you get free shipping over $75.00 and again if you have a resale certificate you get way cheaper pricing than the online site. Generally 20%

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Nay, there is one already and put out online magazine its called The Locator. They have sent me 10 of thousand dollars of outsourcing revenue by being a subscriber and Enx Magazine but not as much.
    Katun for aftermarket Drums,Blades, Heat Roll, Pressure roll. They carry feed rolls and more but I don't do After market Feed Components. The Drums, ,Blades, heat and pressure rollers are cheaper and better than precision roller. Toshiba feed rolls and related parts is Collins Distributing if your a you have resale # and start an account and a buy a cheap printer to get them working with you. Hytec of course for boards and they back their warranty and quick technical support on most major brands.Precision roller if your in a hurry and you get free shipping over $75.00 and again if you have a resale certificate you get way cheaper pricing than the online site. Generally 20%
    Copyman says you should not be asking this info in public. That I should private message you. I will change my nay to yes. This forum need moderation and maybe that's you starting anew. Wow again I am so disappointed for trying to be here and help.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Copyman says you should not be asking this info in public. That I should private message you. I will change my nay to yes. This forum need moderation and maybe that's you starting anew. Wow again I am so disappointed for trying to be here and help.
    copyman didn't even comment on this. it was YOUR thread about good off lease copiers....

if your disappointed then don't even comment.