Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sales Leads

Brown Shoe Sailor 50+ Posts Navy's Avatar

Sales Leads

What is everyone doing for sales leads, I want to get a feel for what else is out there. we get $25 - $50 but sometimes that doesn't seem like much. anyone getting big bucks or doing anything creative.

Vulcan Inventor of Death 1,000+ Posts Mr Spock's Avatar
    Where I work it is 25,35,50 depending on cost/size of machine. Also if the customer buys more than one machine the tech only gets tip lead on one of the machines.
    And Star Trek was just a tv show...yeah right!

The Great Gazoo 250+ Posts kyoceradude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy View Post
    What is everyone doing for sales leads.
    We give our Techs 2% of the gross sale. 1% comes from the company the other 1% comes from the Sales Rep. Needless to say if the deal is real thin that amount goes down. Also, you have to fight tooth and nail to make sure you follow up. Otherwise, the Rep will try to screw you out of your Tip Lead. (like that never happens. )
    My mission here on Earth is to help all you Dum-Dums!

Technician
    We pay 5.00 for the lead itself... if machine is placed, it is 25 - 85 - depending on segment.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Sales Leads

Quote Originally Posted by Navy View Post
    What is everyone doing for sales leads, I want to get a feel for what else is out there. we get $25 - $50 but sometimes that doesn't seem like much. anyone getting big bucks or doing anything creative.
    $25, $50, or $100 depending on the size of the machine. The sales rep pays half out of his comissions and the house pays the other half. It works OK.

Project Warder
    I get nothing for any of the machines i sell/install :cry: But im working for a large company that only has some 5 techs in almost 300 branches. We aren't a common position and only come from company take-overs. So there is no provision for a service technician

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Sales Leads

Quote Originally Posted by Project Warder View Post
    I get nothing for any of the machines i sell/install :cry: But im working for a large company that only has some 5 techs in almost 300 branches. We aren't a common position and only come from company take-overs. So there is no provision for a service technician
    Do you work for a copeir dealer or are you an in-house tech for a company that does other stuff. IE: Banking, insurance, Etc.

Project Warder
    Well, both. Its an office supplies company normally, and when they bought this branch into the company, it had techs already. I have been employed a few years later, but thats only because the company makes a heap of money from having me here. We are still dealers for Kyocera and Sharp, though, offering levels of support for HP, Canon, Brother, and a few others. Reading what other people get offered as part of their jobs really makes me want to find somewhere that does pay me extra for extra things. I might be changing state and all that soon, so it could happen.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Sales Leads

We get 25 or 50 dollars depending on what sells.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Sales Leads

I pay my techs $100 for under 30cpm, $200 for 30-45, & $300 for 50cpm & up