• Other

34 5.07%
  • I'm not in the business

10 1.49%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    yep brand X should be renamed brand BS!

or better still 'POS'

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    It's hard for me to imagine a situation like that. Here in the states, at least where I am, there was always at least three brands to choose from and now they're all here. That would be very frustrating having to wait that long and have only one company.

The only problems I can remember was years ago and maybe some today in the real rural areas.

Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    I recall in the in the mid 1980s when XEROX ( or RANK XEROX) was the dominant brand of both copiers and electronic typewriters in my country. They were headquartered, I think in Nairobi city, in a neighboring country KENYA, with a branch sales & service office here. Customers whose XEROX machines broke down and required spares , would have to wait for as long as 2 weeks for the spares to to arrive from LONDON, if it was not in stock in their Nairobi hqtrs. With the liberalization of our economy, in early 90s, more active players in the industry, like CANON and NRG ( Nashuatec, Gestetner, RexRotary & Mita), entered the market with a BANG !. Xerox's monopoly and influence began to decline. By the close of 1999, they had effectively been kicked out of the Ugandan market, by the dynamics of the market & due to their CONSERVATIVENESS. CANON is effectively the market leader here, with Kyocera mita & Ricoh in the tow. There are many unauthoized, independent dealers of canon and they are satisfying the market quite well. DUBAI ( United Arab Emirates) being the chief source of supplies for both the machines, parts & supplies.

You made me think of something else about Xerox that really bugged me. We used to go after schools/governments years ago and despite the contracts being for brand new machines, Xerox would put things like used finishers and document handlers on their equipment and sell the whole thing as new. Obviously they should have been disqualified but they always won. It was a Xerox technician that told me about that too.

I guess one of these days I'll have to try and design my own ultimate copier.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
    Kingpd, in an ideal world, they would work and play well with others. But they are bent on world
    market domination. As in the Ugandan market, they could have authorized a dealer to work with
    and maintained more market share. I have often thought that a little bit of something is better
    than all of nothing, as long as it is profitable. But that's just me.
    And yes, parts are a problem as they are the sole source 99% of the time. The manuals are laid
    out in a most unique manner. They do take some getting use to. I have worked on a couple
    of models. The Doc 12 and the C3535 or was it a C5353. It was a few years ago. After the
    guys laptop locked up, I decided to steer clear of Brand X.

DR

" It's hard for me to imagine a situation like that", wrote kingpd. Yes indeed my brother, we were in a difficult period. It all stemmed from the history of our country. The country had just emerged out of a 5year civil war which ushered in a new government and stability was not yet fully restored. In fact life itself was still generally hard for everyone. Basic essential commodities like salt & sugar were all scarce. It was like a " DOG EAT DOG", kind of situation, with the country's economy then still in shambles. But since then things have greatly improved for the better. The government worked very hard and with support from Donor countries like U.S.A, EUROPEAN UNION and others, the country was slowly brought back on the path to full economic recovery. But our citizens are not the type who easily forget if you give them a raw deal ! I recently saw Xerox's advertising posters etc, and I think they have been staging a COMEBACK bid, I wish them luck , but people already have a biased attitude towards them. " NATURE DOESN'T ALLOW VACUUM," when they left the market, other players filled in their places.

I forget who said it, someone more famous than I, but they said that it's good for countries to have revolutions every now and then and although I don't know the specifics of your country, I'd have to agree with that statement. It's the only thing that sometimes corrects major wrongs and gets things back on track. Tragic, but it's like a reset button. The real tragedy of a civil war is that unfortunately people don't learn from them and eventually things can go bad again.

Hopefully things keep getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS View Post
    " It's hard for me to imagine a situation like that", wrote kingpd. Yes indeed my brother, we were in a difficult period. It all stemmed from the history of our country. The country had just emerged out of a 5year civil war which ushered in a new government and stability was not yet fully restored. In fact life itself was still generally hard for everyone. Basic essential commodities like salt & sugar were all scarce. It was like a " DOG EAT DOG", kind of situation, with the country's economy then still in shambles. But since then things have greatly improved for the better. The government worked very hard and with support from Donor countries like U.S.A, EUROPEAN UNION and others, the country was slowly brought back on the path to full economic recovery. But our citizens are not the type who easily forget if you give them a raw deal ! I recently saw Xerox's advertising posters etc, and I think they have been staging a COMEBACK bid, I wish them luck , but people already have a biased attitude towards them. " NATURE DOESN'T ALLOW VACUUM," when they left the market, other players filled in their places.

Kingpd, you have made my day good ! You really set me into a prolonged laughter in the office as I was reading your post, and every one around was wondering what had become of me? Well, it is an established truth that ' CHANGES ARE NECESSARY FOR GROWTH'. A real RESET BUTTON , as you put it. What more can i say ? Humans are very complicated creatures, even GOD has problem in controlling them, but somehow, life has to go on. Thank you for your mature reasonings. I wish you all a HAPPY & PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR.

Happy New Year to you and everyone as well.

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    do you work for...

Quote Originally Posted by Nonnackubbomb View Post
    We built and tailored make this site and stock promoter team of this particular ground up so as to optimize each company's stock promotion through investor relations and visibility . We special lize in penny stocks! Our team of stock promoters enable us to fullfil any budget for and any period Stock Promotion necessitated .
    Since I doubt you're a spammer, with 36 posts and 1 rep, I believe you got your account hacked. Change your password!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

Senior member of CRS 2,500+ Posts
    do you work for...

Quote Originally Posted by mrwho View Post
    Since I doubt you're a spammer, with 36 posts and 1 rep, I believe you got your account hacked. Change your password!
    I reported him/her as a spammer - the 36 posts were mostly, if not all, his/hers.
    "You can't trust your eyes, if your mind is out of focus" --