Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Copier Psychologist 250+ Posts Kopyrtek's Avatar
    Just to update.Labrador has come out and offered a lower monthly rate with a lower machine count.For $100 a month we can get 500 machines on the system with no money upfront.A lot better than the 1250 most have as a minimum.30 day free trial coming up.Will post what i find oout from the demo.

About to do the free trial with Labrador and Printtracker.Will post back after the trial period and let you know

Adeptus Mechanicus Magos 500+ Posts
    Managed Print Services(MPS)

Hello all,

We are looking at uniFLOW as it is supposed to be 100% Canon integrated and will also interface with 90% of the other makes out there.

What we have found though is that companies seem reluctant to put it on there network. It seems to be a mixture of 'will this put me out of a job', 'what other info is it getting', and 'will it bugger up the network?'

Even when you have answred all of their questions and allayed their fears they still drag their feet to do anything, even though it will save them money!!!
    The impossible is easy - miracles take a little longer
    So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.

Software/IT 50+ Posts jneezy2008's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopyrtek View Post
    About to do the free trial with Labrador and Printtracker.Will post back after the trial period and let you know
    Kopyrtek, you get the Labrador trial after sitting through a demo?
    I've had to do a Google search for Printtracker. I'll be checking that out too.
    The snozberries taste like snozberries!!

Suppose to be getting the info on username and password today.Hope to install it in the customers site next week.Let it run the month of August and see how it does.One of the sales guys is going to use the printtracker software on another customer and we will compare notes at the end of the month.
    Go to printtracker.net.That one will pick up local printers as well as networked printers.But i think it hass to be put on the computer the local printer is attached to

Got both of them installed and running in my office.Here is the lowdown:
    Labrador will not pick up the local printers as i was told.Had a problem with it picking up meter from a networked copier i use and from my dispatchers networked printer.Found it but no meter.
    Printtracker found everything that i had on the network..including printers i had installed to test before delivery.Also, the toner levels were correct with this one than the Labrador.
    I can say that i will be looking more towards the Printtracker now that i have seen it run.

Great info, Kopyrtek!

I just download the 30-day trial. With any luck I'll get a chance to install it on our network today and see what it's all about.

Adeptus Mechanicus Magos 500+ Posts
    Managed Print Services(MPS)

Just stopped by to say thanks to everyone, I have just tried printtracker on a trial I was impressed by how easy it was to set up, and with a bit of fiddling with the machines set up managed to find everything.

Has anyone tried the FM Audit and how do you think it compares to printtracker?

Regards,
    The impossible is easy - miracles take a little longer
    So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Brave Hart's Avatar
    We have been running Print fleet for about a year now!
    It is working very well; I don’t just use it for monitoring opposition machines, but also as a work tool for problem machines. Having it mail me problems before the client even relies there is one.

I just finished my trial of PrintTracker. I didn't get to play with it as much as I wanted but it was very easy to setup. It found all of our showroom MFPs, not necessarily ALL of the information for EVERY MFP(serial numbers mostly were not found) but those were easily input into PrintTracker.

This may be my lack of exposure to PrintTracker but I found the meter counts difficult to read. I setup PrintTracker to email the meter readings for all of our MFPs to my gmail account.

I don't know if PrintTracker will get meter readings for USB connected devices or not, that's something we MUST have. Does anyone else know?