Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Copier Psychologist 250+ Posts Kopyrtek's Avatar
    Print tracker will pick up the USB machines BUT the software must reside on the client pc to pick it up

Going with print tracker.Has out done all i have seen so far.Gives correct toner levels and can be used by many to track prints and copies.Easiest i have seen.Anybody else have a review??

Software/IT 50+ Posts jneezy2008's Avatar
    Kopyrtek, how is the Print Tracker? Still using it?
    The snozberries taste like snozberries!!

I just started a 30 day trial of Print Tracker. So far it seems to be a great tool. Price is very competitive, interface is very simple to use. It has a lot more features than I thought. Print Tracker can actually send an email alert when a toner cartridge has been removed! This can help to prevent toner theft. It will report toner levels and even fuser and transfer belt life(depending on the MFP of course). There is no web-based interface. Small agent gets installed at the customer's site. This agent can be configured remotely, installed silently using logon scripts, and installed from USB.

I am also doing a trial of Print Audit's Facilities Manager. It uses a web-based interface for the administration of the MFPs. This makes it nice because you can access information from any Internet connection.You can setup a username and password so your customers can look at their meter readings as well as the dealership. There is a small agent that is installed at the customer's site. There is Gold, Silver, and Platinum levels. Gold only collects meter readings, Silver collects a little more and so on. You can do some configuration of the data collection agent remotely.

So far I like Print Tracker the best. The price seems to be right for the amount that it can do and it does it well. Also, I can't seem to get anyone at Print Audit to return my emails so I can find out how to collect meter counts from local USB printers. Apparently Print Audit 5 must be installed somewhere on the network but where is Print Audit 5? Does it cost extra? How do I get it?

I'm doing a demo of PrintMIB next week. I'll report what I find.

I am still using printtracker and love it.Tells me all that i need to know and is not inrtusive to the network.I have put out out over 100 Lexmarks and have included over 50 network printers since my addition to Lexmark and have no problems....other than USB connected devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopyrtek View Post
    ...other than USB connected devices.
    You're having problems with USB connected devices?

Not really a problem, just a different way to get to what i want.A little more upfront time than i wanted but i still get what i need.Once i go in and add the printer on the client pc and give it a starting meter then all is well.Then it will send me the meter read i need...but it has to have the starting meter before it knows to add to the count.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Managed Print Services(MPS)

Quote Originally Posted by Kopyrtek View Post
    I am still using printtracker and love it.Tells me all that i need to know and is not inrtusive to the network.I have put out out over 100 Lexmarks and have included over 50 network printers since my addition to Lexmark and have no problems....other than USB connected devices.
    Do you know if Print Tracker has anything like WebAudit that FMAudit has ? It will allow the end user to go to a website without installing software. Thanks for the info.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

No, you have to install some software on a client computer.It sends an email out every so often with meter reads,toner levels and you can set it to send out emails for jam and toner add conditions.