Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Software/IT 50+ Posts jneezy2008's Avatar

Managed Print Services(MPS)

Our dealership is just getting into managing entire printer fleets for customers. Meaning, we will not only manage the copiers we've sold them but we will also manage all of their printers(HP, Dell, Lexmark, etc). This allows the customer to have just one thing to focus on, their business. It also enables us to monitor our competitors equipment in the office to determine volume and many other things.

This seems to be the way the copier market is going. Selling just hardware is a dying breed anymore.

I'd like to know:
    Who out there is also doing this?
    What software are you using?(PrintFleet, FMAudit, Konica Minolta opt-Workflow, Kyocera FASTtrack, PrintAudit, etc).
    How well is it working for you?

jimmy
    We're about to get into the same sort of stuff you mentioned. Have you decided on an auditing package yet?

Curious to hear what you've found.

I've researched Konica Minolta's opt-Workflow a little bit. It's built off of PrintFleet which is expensive but they seem to be the Cadillac of managed print fleet software.
    I've been looking a lot in to FMAudit(www.fmaudit.com) and recently discovered one call Labrador(www.labradorsolutions.com). I really like FMAudit. It's got all the features we NEED but I have no idea about price yet.
    We're ready to do some demos of each. Once we do I'll update the post.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyocera has partnered with FMAudit.

we just signed up with it.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    You're on the money with fleet management being the way to go.

It's profitable for you, while at the same time being a HUGE cost savings for the customer.

On top of all that, now you are no longer a commodities broker, as you are when you only sell boxes. That means that you are more ingrained with the customer's daily workflow, and that makes it much more difficult to be replaced by the lowest bidder when contracts come up for renewal.

It's a win-win for everybody.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar
    Being a Savin Dealer, we use Ricohs @Remote. We have the system embedded in all our MFP's, but we can also use a Gate (linux thin client) that can monitor entire print fleets. Small investment up front for the dealer and a very cheap price for the customer.

We don't change anything for our embedded systems and less than $100 a month for a gate.

The first law states that energy is conserved: The change in the internal energy is equal to the amount added by heating minus the amount lost by doing work on the environment.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Just wondering... How many of our dealerships are offering Facilities Management services, where employees from your dealership actually run the customers mail room and print center, as well mange the fleet?

That is normally our most stable and predictable department.

For a while, our office was doing all heavy printing and mailing hospital statements for a local major hospital, right in our building. When their need grew to a point where we didn't have enough room anymore, we moved that operation off site.

Thanks!
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Copier Psychologist 250+ Posts Kopyrtek's Avatar
    Your about in the same boat as we are.Have had webinars with Fm audit,Labrador and with Lexmark.All are offering the same thing with a different feel to the operating system.But,only Fm audit offers the ability to capture the local printer and get you the info you need to capture ALL of the account.About to pitch the FM audit system to the CEO n about a week.Let you know how it works out

LNorris, we are a Kyocera dealer and have been looking at FastTRACK. How is it working out for you?

FM Audit seems to be really robust, especially the way is collects meter readings from USB connected printers. It can even collect meter readings without installing ANYTHING! That's great for the customers that are super paranoid.