Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E-automate

Technician

E-automate

Just seeing who out there is using E-automate and remote tech? Using PDA's or Blackberry. If there is a app for smartphone or only if using a laptop? Plus is there anyway to see if a call is a callback using the web tool?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    E-automate

We are, I tried remote tech but found it severely lacking after using the actual windoze client app... I guess i'm just used to using and working around it... I find it a lot easier to figure out.. Just my 2 cents worth!

Regards!
    A.

Edit: Also because to use remote tech I have to open port 80 in the company firewall. (even it is http: port 80) I find it simpler to use a vpn client app and remote desktop to login securely to the client app on a pc there.

Hamachi works very well for this purpose!
    Last edited by copytechman; 08-27-2009 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Added info.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    We use just plain E-Automate no extra features.. Its a Buggy bastard always "loosing data" according to the accountant. I dunno, think she's just not familiar with entering info properly.

Any better software out there?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    E-automate

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkor View Post
    We use just plain E-Automate no extra features.. Its a Buggy bastard always "loosing data" according to the accountant. I dunno, think she's just not familiar with entering info properly.

Any better software out there?

Nothing is perfect but E-Automate works great, I think your accountant needs a little adjusting. PS make sure to have the latest updates.

The Great Gazoo 250+ Posts kyoceradude's Avatar
    That and E-Automate will lighten your load of work. Your acct is used to a lot of redundant and manual paperwork. That and he (or she) can't hide from the fact that the software is more accurate than they know. It still comes down to "Garbage in - Garbage out". Also if your just using a stripped down version and don't have the maintenance that will fix bugs, glitches and provide updates, ???? , why complain.
    My mission here on Earth is to help all you Dum-Dums!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    WE pay for support. She's just a nuthead lol.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Scott_Lewis's Avatar
    We have been using Eautomate for the past 4 years. Sure beats the old CalType program. There was some talk by management to use the dispatch features. That didn't go anywhere. Guess the cost of wifi or cell data plans was too expensive.

I do like the reporting features that are available. Just need a little more horsepower with some of the reports. Still working out how to implement min/max order points and if it can be automated to some extent.

Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Lewis View Post
    Still working out how to implement min/max order points and if it can be automated to some extent.
    I remember seeing this when starting our company inventory awhile back. When entering a new part, you could set Min/Max order points. This of course doesn't really mean anything though if you don't use e-Agent to automate the "reorder report" process.

I see your need for automation though. If normally used an average of 5 rollers a week, have a reorder point of say 2 and a max order amount of 5. The report would tell your parts person to order 3 rollers once you get down to 2 rollers in stock. But let's say that your company all the sudden goes from 5 rollers a week to 10 a week. If you had a parts guy that wasn't able to catch that trend, then you would fall behind in parts really quick.

I do have a question about remote tech though. We currently have three licenses for our 7.5c install. We only have two people logged in most of the time. And I read that up to 20 techs can share one license in Remote Tech (?). So I think were good there. Our problem is that I checked our licensing info yesterday and found that it only listed eAutomate and no other features. I know I would have to get a new License Key, through e-mail, but how much extra would it cost us. If anything at all, or is it a free service? And yes, we pay for maintenance as well.
    Last edited by unisys12; 08-29-2009 at 02:22 PM.

The first law states that energy is conserved: The change in the internal energy is equal to the amount added by heating minus the amount lost by doing work on the environment.

santiagoassoc

Re: E-automate

eautomate is a great software if the setup and training is done right.

If you believe this is done incorrectly contact me and we may be able to help you.
    954-882-8220

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: E-automate

ECI who purchased OMD and Lacross a number of years ago, apparently realized that maybe they purchased the wrong companies as they have now purchased eAutomate.
    Come on Fulham!