Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Cannon or Konica Minolta?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cannon

2 50.00%
  • Konica Minolta

2 50.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VThideaway

I agree

ALL KM's have toner drive problem 1 wrong move they grind away from low to high line. No experience on Cannons but as a Oce tech I will find out soon

Oldtimer54

Re: cannon vs KM

Quote Originally Posted by mabawser View Post
    worked for konica minolta for 8 years.....hate them with a passion! the 421 is an upgraded 420 which when i worked on them forever had problems with the toner and the 250 wasnt a bad wee box so I'd be assuming it would be quite good. I would never recommend to but a konica just from experience but then again there were some out there that never broke down. I had 2 420's side by side of each other. I was at one every other day and never touched the other even though they did the same mileage?!?! typical konica

Cant comment on cannon for now but our company is moving to cannon from ricoh machines so lets just hope they are as good.

Anyone working on cannon and ricoh?! never worked on cannon as I've said but going on a cannon course at the end of the month
    I worked on the Canon line of segment 5 and 6 machines for 17 years ( 50cpm to 105cpm ). They are very easy to work on and easy to maintain as long as you stay on top of them as far as maintenance goes. The more they run, the better they are. Everything is a assembly which is broken down and parts are easily replaced. If you haven't strung corona wires be prepared to practice, they aren't prestrung like KM's. Once you get the hang of it, it's not bad. Good luck to you in your first Canon class. I'd take Canon over KM anyday.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Re: Canon or Konica Minolta

Mainly a Canon Tech, but I've had exposure to KM as well. Canon is overall a better way to go. KM does require more work, not as engineered as Canon

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: Canon or Konica Minolta

When you are comparing Canon, Konica Minolta and Ricoh you are comparing the top products in our industry. Most here have limited experience on products other than the brand their employer carries. My advice to the original poster is this: Forget the brand for a moment. So long as you are comparing comparable configurations all three brands will be quality products. The most important consideration for the original poster should not be what manufacturer's brand is on the front door of the machine. The most important consideration should be what servicing dealer's sticker is on the front door of that machine.

Do your research.

Who do your business friends use and are they happy?

How far away is the dealer? Forget the salesperson's promises of response time. How far are they from you when the machine goes down and needs a part? If that part is hours away you're screwed.

Does the dealer have a local presence in your community? Are they involved? Do they sponsor local charities, the local little league, the chamber of commerce? If a dealer is involved locally they are much more likely to do right by you down the road compared to the hit and run salespeople out there.

Visit their facilities and get the full tour. You'd be surprised how many in our industry are one man bands with little to no resources on hand despite the magnitude of their marketing.

You get the idea.