Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    High volume recommendation

A current customer just called me wanting to know what would handle the job he is about to take on: He is going to start printing statements for banks. He says it could easily get to 2 million pages per month. He wants to spread it over 3 or 4 machines of the same model. He would rather not buy new. What on earth would handle this sort of thing. Most of my customers are 2k-35k per month. That would be 500k on each of 4 machines per month. Geez. which would be about 24k per day per machine. I don't think I could support that but told him I would look into it. Sounds like a major headache. Ir105? That is still 6 mil per machine per year. If it gets to that. Thanks!

Vacuum Cleaning Expert 1,000+ Posts iMind's Avatar
    We can all Win, but at the end we all loose. Save the greyhound

Technician

Konica 650 - 750

These machines have been good to us. They can run a lot ( you would need 4 machines for sure )and parts are not terribly expensive being Konica. We have several with 4+ million. You should be able to pickup some good used ones, since this models been out a while.

Caution...dont try and save money on aftermarket toner on this model. Youll be very sorry, stick with OEM toner. Yes I do use some aftermarket, its not all bad.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Copystar CS-8030/CS-820

The Copystar CS-8030/CS-820 can support this volume over (4) units, but let me be the first to say that this kind of volume will support offset printing at a lower CPC.

If you do get this gig you'll need 1/2 to 1 tech just to maintain them. Good luck. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

i was running 8 105's for 24/7 , well they ran for a month till the work ended. 7 of them worked throughout, one machine was always being used as spares to support the rest.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    A couple of Canon ir110 or ir150 would easily handle this volume. In our territory we have a print shop running 700-900k per week, they have 60 million on them and counting.

Technical Support 100+ Posts Juggy's Avatar
    If you really want a great machine for printing statements you can go for Kodak Digimaster Ex series machines which can run 24/7 and 2 million a month is just nothing for the machine. If your price conservative you can go for Konica minolta Bizhub 950 / 1050 Good luck

OMD-227
    Have a look at the Sharp Hercules series (MXM850, MXM950 & MXM1100).

I look after alot of these machines, super reliable, insanely quiet during use, fastest ADF on the market and real easy to service.
    You can also setup Tandem Copy/Print mode to share the load of the large jobs across 2 or more machines on the network. Therefore making a big job completed much sooner.

We recently put a MXM1100 into a client's printroom that previously had 2 Sharp ARM700 Dragon's. The Hercules did 1.5mil in the first month alone, and goes perfectly everyday.

My 2 cents.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

thx for the input guys. The customer said off the bat, he will have a job of 30k per week and will grow from there. We talked and he's wanting to go with 2 machines to start. Maybe this is the only job he will have, who knows. thinking about putting a couple of 5020's in there to start and upgrade from there when the need arises....I have one 5000 running this volume and it seems to be holding up so far.

KM7222...... - As a job creation project.

(Runs and hides)
    If you are hitting your head up against a wall it always feels better when you stop.