Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PDI+

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar

PDI+

Does anyone have PDI+ study guide in pdf?

Well guys and gals
    I didn't find a study guide so I went and wrote the PDI+ exam anyways.
    Got 890 out of 900.
    Too easy.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Vulkor's Avatar
    See ya lost me on PDI

Something Postscript related? Can't say I see the need for it much anymore.

PDI+ is an entry level certification for copier/printer techs>>>just another money grab by CompTIA
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications

Ahh, wonder if I could pass it. I've setup enough machines to print via SMB and TCPIP. But only in windows. No citrix or novell or stuff.

Service Manager 250+ Posts unisys12's Avatar
    I gave up on CompTIA exams a year or so ago. A big round of congrats to Venom for getting his PDI+ cert!

I would go to school, and it never failed that on the first day, during introductions, everyone would sit there and blab about their certs. When was my turn I would just say my name and politely wave at everyone. So, for the next 6 months or so, I busted tail studying for the A+ and Net+ and was really proud of all the stuff I learned. I felt very confident that I could take and pass them. You have to understand... I am totally self taught when it comes to `puters and the like. Neither do I sit around and drool over every new product that comes out and study everything about it.

Then, I go back to school one other time and since this was a solutions class, I quickly noticed me saying to myself things like, "Man! For someone A+ certified they should know that!" And the same with Net+. So I started asking questions to this new batch of guys who insisted on bragging about their certs every other conversation and found that almost everyone of them just crammed right before the test and passed it!

I was floored!! And after listening to their stupid ass questions for the instructor over the better part of week, I finially decided that it was stupid for me to pay that much damn money just for a piece of paper. What, both exams are about $450 or so? HELL NO! Sure... ok... it looks good on a resume. I'll give you that. But hell, what good is it and how good does it really look if anyone can pass the damn test? How much weight does that really carry? Will not having A+ and NET+ at the bottom of your resume automatically knock 5 dollars an hour off your next job offer? 10 yrs ago, yeah I could see that. But not now.

I may still take the tests, just to prove to myself that I can. But for now, I will just wait a little while.

The first law states that energy is conserved: The change in the internal energy is equal to the amount added by heating minus the amount lost by doing work on the environment.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    PDI+

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    just another money grab by CompTIA

No shit! BTW, How much did the test cost?

$239 USD normally but we paid $90 USD because of Canadian promotion and I work for direct.
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications

That is Nice, and Congrats. I hope to have these Certs Someday. Just for giggles. I am sure I can pass A+, not sure Net+.

I'm currently only a 1/4th of the way through a Cisco Degree Course.

Technician

Re: PDI+

FYI:
    For anyone considering getting the CompTIA PDI+, note that you need to do the exam before January 31, 2014 when they plan to retire it (seems like not enough demand, other than Canada...) For Aussies, it's AUD$264 to sit the exam so not cheap. But it is a lifetime cert if you are after that.