Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician
    we have to charge, us guys are an expense to to company we work for, at least thats the way it is seen in the uk, if it aint the printers fault then its gonna cost you!

just one copy?? 500+ Posts
    Do You charge all time?

I work for a smallish dealer, who covers mainly toshiba, ricoh and canon. We cover atleast a 1000km radius, and even on scheduled trips we need to charge travel. Some days we have one tech do 800km round trip plus 6-8 jobs, so the whole 8hr day is spent driving plus however long it takes to do the work. Im sure you can see why we charge for travel. We do however combine travel costs between the customers for that particular trip.
    As for waiting in the reception, Im all for charging. Have stood in the reception of police stations for over an hour on 2 occasions.

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Most calls I do are all on service contract. The only time we charge for calls is when it is network related and passed a 30 day install grace period. We ensure the customer is aware of that at the time of install. Any new driver or other network based call will be subject to a charge, no exceptions.

It is rare that a customer will be on time and materials, but when they are, we do not like to screw around, and yes, like black cat, I would charge them the time they made me wait, or for example, they ask for an image unit and upon my arrival I discover that the machine needed the other image units or other consumable, I will charge for the time I have to return to the shop to get those parts. My attitude is, if you are too cheap to buy a service contract, that is not my problem. There are third party service companies around town, but most have substandard techs, hacks, as one coworker calls them.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts copyman20's Avatar
    We use to offer free estimates. The customer would then take the estimate and show it to a tech that will then charge them less for labor and try and get the parts themselves.

The machine would run for a week or so before F*%^ing up, then expects you to come out and fix it for free because it never worked right after you did the estimate.