Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Konica Minolta or Kyocera dealer?

hello to all
    I've been working for a Konica Minolta dealer for 5 years, but since I also do webdesign, repair computers, hardware and software, i started my own business.
    So far I only sold Brother 8460 and Konica Minolta 163/211 for small business. Fortunately I kept growing and need to choose what to do next. I know the KM machines very well, but there are already 3 dealers in my area, and only one Kyocera. I only saw few of them kyocera working, the new Task alfa seems to me pretty the same as bizhub.
    My question is: should I try with the Konica Minolta or consider the Kyocera? I've been asked for 10 B/W A3 copiers and 2 Color Ones for now, but since this is a very important bank here in Italy, they will def ask for more.

tansk for your time and replies

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Firstly, I don't have any experience with Konica Minolta. I have worked with Mita, Sharp, Canon, Ricoh, Brother, Samsung, HP, Copystar/Kyocera Mita, and others.

Of all the machines I've worked on Copystar, Canon, & Ricoh were the lowest maintenance, and the longest intervals between service calls. Regarding cost of operation, Copystar is the least expensive to operate & maintain.

There's another factor that must be worked into your decision though. When I discuss this with customers I use an automotive metaphor. If you were to buy any automobile in let's say 1910, you would be impressed by a top speed of 35 mph and a lifespan of 40,000 miles. If you were to buy any automobile in let's say 2010, you would be impressed with a top speed of 135 mph and a lifespan of 240,000 miles.

My point is that technological improvements evenly raise expectations on all machines of the same type equally, and the incremental differences between manufacturers in the same year technologically are relatively insignificant.

Does that obsure the issues too much? I don't think so. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

I've seen some color prints from copystar and they look pretty dam good.
    Resolution(DPI), and the finishing is quite impressive. Very clear and smooth.
    I must say I've seen prints from newer canon models and I wasn't that impressed. Considering all the hype about them, I expected more.
    But kyocera, there cheap and the quality is good "as for the copy quality".
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    I service konicaminolta and copystar and I would go for the copystar everytime now. there are less service calls with the copystar and in the long run the copystar is cheaper to maintain
    Sorry folks, reputation removed by Just Manuals, because he's a sad little wanker

Technician
    thanks for the replies.
    so copystar to kyocera is live develop for konica minolta

they told me kyocera's are cheaper than konica minolta, but i see the taskalfa 180 costs around 900 euro as konica minolta bibzhub 163 costs 900 euro. but the bizhub has the print/scan already

I know that bizhub 203/2353 price is around 4000, how much for a kyocera 250c ?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    well if you think kyoceramita is as good o quality as konica
    and your customer don' t see the diff
    sell them any thing