Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    just a piece of advice... dont be a sucker...and don't overload your self with too many service calls because you need all the money in the world to get rich instantly. I only have customers that i think continously sustain my mortgage, car payment, insurance, education etc. ..and some savings for the future. At least nobody dictate me how much money do i want to make or beg for any increase when i'm doing great to my customers....good luck to all of us who has great vision in satisfying their customers constantly.

print shop????.....if they could have your services and parts for free, they would not think twice or thrice....they always think of their bottom line and nothing about you...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    nick is right. don't get caught in the hopes that you'll make up for anything in volume. Remember they sell prints and copies, so they typically need "perfect" printing, high demands on uptime, have high toner coverage, will put the machine to the test on what substrates they can put through the machine, and will have high expectations on the number of copies and years that they can get out of a machine, some want 24/7 service time too. As long as you price and bill to cover your costs with enough mark-up and charge for your time then you will be fine.

Stay away from billing too, get a merchant account and accept credit cards. It's much better to give up 2-3% off of the top then having to bill/invoice and hope you get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by nick55 View Post
    print shop????.....if they could have your services and parts for free, they would not think twice or thrice....they always think of their bottom line and nothing about you...