Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Rumour!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Rumour!

I heard a rumour today that Xerox are planning to reduce
    their work force by 2,500 bodies "world wide"!

All things Konica Minolta 1,000+ Posts Stirton.M's Avatar
    Hopefully that is just administrative.

Here in Calgary, they simply cannot afford to lay off the techs. From personal conversations with many print shops that also have Xerox machines on their floors, they are not too happy about the service response times...sometimes 2-3 days before a tech shows up. They are fully aware of the staff shortage here, but man...one guy has turned his xerox off and only turns it on if he needs something and either the C6500 is currently running another job or is down for service, the latter is rare. When that lease is up, the Xerox will go out the door and a C650 will take its place. And that has nothing to do with how well the tech does his job, it is that he is so busy because of the staff shortage he is unable to keep up in a timely manner. Xerox is only shooting itself in the foot.
    "Many years ago I chased a woman for almost two years, only to discover that her tastes were exactly like mine: we both were crazy about girls."
    ---Groucho Marx

Please do not PM me for questions related to Konica Minolta hardware.
    I will not answer requests or questions there.
    Please ask in the KM forum for the benefit of others to see the question and give their input.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Rumour!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Sveinson View Post
    I heard a rumour today that Xerox are planning to reduce
    their work force by 2,500 bodies "world wide"!
    Wouldn't surprise me, the Global dealer they bought by me has really slowed down since being forced to switch to a Xerox only product line.

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar
    Works for me. Every bizhub I sold in the past two years replaced a Xerox. Customer had no problem with techs, but hated all other things. I was told that some military units in my area were having issue with their contracting practices. That is just second hand rumor. They still have a big contract on base.
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking