Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Holy cow the new place I work is a hell hole!!!! The company vehicles..newest is 12 years old....all have high miles, all have rust, all have dents. Some have different colored fenders and bumpers. One, the quarter panel was hit hard, and you can see all the hammer marks from pounding it out. One has 230,000 miles on it. We pay for gas and get reimbursed once a month. Which can get expensive. And if we pay for parking, the max reimbursement is $5. How many downtown areas have that??? Owner says he'd rather have us walk a long distance to the account. We're required to wear black pants and shirts, but they don't supply anything. Every disposable shop towel is in our inventory and has to be written off as we use them at customers. Every second is accounted for. If there are 10 minutes they can't find what you were doing, you get a call and asked about it. The company cel phone, the number can't be given to my wife in case of emergency. She is to call the office, then they will call me, and I call her. And, we're not allowed to carry our own phones into a customer.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KIP_Doc View Post
    Holy cow the new place I work is a hell hole!!!! The company vehicles..newest is 12 years old....all have high miles, all have rust, all have dents. Some have different colored fenders and bumpers. One, the quarter panel was hit hard, and you can see all the hammer marks from pounding it out. One has 230,000 miles on it. We pay for gas and get reimbursed once a month. Which can get expensive. And if we pay for parking, the max reimbursement is $5. How many downtown areas have that??? Owner says he'd rather have us walk a long distance to the account. We're required to wear black pants and shirts, but they don't supply anything. Every disposable shop towel is in our inventory and has to be written off as we use them at customers. Every second is accounted for. If there are 10 minutes they can't find what you were doing, you get a call and asked about it. The company cel phone, the number can't be given to my wife in case of emergency. She is to call the office, then they will call me, and I call her. And, we're not allowed to carry our own phones into a customer.
    Sounds like an awefully bad place to work.

That's why I had to quit. I couldn't stand it. For one, it felt like you are constantly being watched, the company vehicle makes arrivals at a customer embarrassing not to mention having to have the company pos parked in my driveway. It didn't even feel safe driving the thing. I can see a company watching employees like a hawk if they've been given reason to. But I'm not used to that, I've never had to be watched because personally I feel if I'm on company time, it's just that...company time. So, anybody need a tech?? I'm about at my wits end with job hunting...... I can't believe this guy has anyone working for him. And if you are looking for a tech, I'm partial to Tennessee and Pennsylvania......but wouldn't mind other areas.....

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Getting back into copiers

Sorry that it didn't work out Kip. You did the right thing moving on. It was only going downhill.

You know, it seems that the best copier jobs found me. When I was looking, there wasn't much to find. But when I wasn't expecting it...

I'll keep my eyes open for you. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Sorry that it didn't work out Kip. You did the right thing moving on. It was only going downhill.

You know, it seems that the best copier jobs found me. When I was looking, there wasn't much to find. But when I wasn't expecting it...

I'll keep my eyes open for you. =^..^=

Thanks..job hunting for 10 months has gotten old. There's about nothing in MI.

you might want to try some of the Toshiba owen dealers as they now sell Kip's and may want your experance