Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar
    I all comes down to trust - and unfortunately it gets abused so we all suffer. I personally wouldn't allow a gps device on "my" car as it's my car and not the company's but mainly because it shows a lack of trust. I class myself as totally trustworthy and honest and I expect the company to treat me as such. However I do know of instances of techs going to their first call at about 11am when they should start at 8.30am and falsifying there start times but I believe that if your caught doing this then you should be the one disciplined and not everyone else.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Company wants to install GPS in MY personal car!

I would install a kill switch and mess with the system.
    Keep them guessing if it is worth the hassle.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Unfortunately this is the way the future is going to be. With electronic surveillance becoming easier and cheaper, it's going to become very common. I can see in a few years them requiring employees to constantly carry a camera that allows the employer to see what the employee is doing at any time.

toner monkey 100+ Posts jamesyboy's Avatar
    gps!,mapping!optimisation! its all on its way
    the company I work for has been using it at some level for years,evryone objected and had big brother paranoia to start but its actually improved things
    no more endlesslytrying to get througth to call centre,driving around in circles lower phone costs, better response to calls I suppose its all down to the expectations of who you work for,we expect 3--4 good calls a day with minimum travelling,anymore than that and they are not doing a proper job no quick fix unjam and run
    each engineer can see each others calls cherry picking was a problem that was shut down very qiuickly it has worked well for us and we are going further with it by inputing each guys training history in so the system picks the nearest eng to the request
    its really a service tool to meet the quickest response and that means sending the closest eng the shortest distance its all from customer demands which are now massive on response everywhere so I think its here to stay gentlemen
    theres allways ways around such things but nothing to hide nothing to worry about, the pda is being tracked not you eg. leave it in the machine cabinet and go and have a nice long lunch if thats youre thing

albasoul06
    you may speak with attorneys and try different things but still as you say is a company car so is NOT YOURS ! if you want to save yourself just buy a gps for yourself and put it on the car ( but if they insist to use company gps this mean is a tracking device too ).
    Companies tracking now from cel.phones to laptop, gps etc. Just read this ........

GPS seen as threat to privacy - Bangor Daily News

funny eh ?! and if you want to know the reasons here they are but still IS NOT RIGHT !

10 Reasons Fleets Like GPS Vehicle Tracking Systems | Fleet GPS - GPS Fleet Tracking System - GPS Fleet

good luck my friend !

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar
    Sounds like someone needs to learn about Faraday cages.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Ducttape n Glue's Avatar
    Also insurance companies now offer 10-20% discounts for fleet vehicles with tracking devices. It cuts down on speeding and other reckless vehicle use.

Rocky246.......Any follow up to your meeting?