Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Cramming for a Ricoh test

Hello,

I have about a week left to prepare for a Ricoh test that covers:

Mechanical / Logical /Troubleshooting /Product Knowledge /Computers/Connectivity /and Networking

It is an open book test, over PC from home...One shot, 60 Questions in 90 Minutes, so not a lot of time to research the answers.

I am trying hard to make sure I am prepared by having all my resources handy. So far, I have The Core Tech Manuals, Office Automation 1-3, all my machine manuals and Support guides,and I am most of the way done with my A+ Pre-Training, and cramming hard.

Are there any other resources / Manuals that I should have available before attempting this test? Websites?

Thanks. I hope to score very high on this test.

tscweb.net ..... turn in lots of leads too. Top Tech is about getting the points from leads and getting "passing" scores on the test.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar
    Are you a new hire or something; I'm wondering why you only have one shot? Had to take a slew of those and, rather than beat myself up, I clicked through the test and screencapped each question into a word doc. Looked up the answers and then retook the test to pass.

Edit: You may get more responses by posting this in the Ricoh section instead of biztalk.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Ditto. You get three chances. But if you fail those. Get your Wise admin to reset the tests and take them again.

Personally. If you can't pass the online wise exams you should find a different career.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

This particular test is for a competition. They get one shot, 90 techs move on to the next round, about 1700 techs taking the test. Best of Luck zulufan1, sounds like you're ready.

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar
    Let us know how you do!

Technician
    Well, I prepared for about 3 weeks, as much as I could....What a hard test! Another tech I know took it agreed, and said it was mostly networking questions. I would say that A+ and Net+ would be mandatory, plus a ton of reading, and just plain doing. I feel I did pretty well, but like I expected, looking up most answers was next to impossible, with only 90 Minutes, and 60 Questions. You either knew it, or you didn't. If I had to guess, I'd say I scored between 75-80% correct.

I'll have to wait a week or two before I find out if I moved on to the next stage. They are taking the top 90 scorers out of about 1,667 that took this test. About 5000 took stage 1, and We all got to Take this test.

BTW, No rookie here...over 20 Years experience, and this is truly a one shot test, because it is for an award. The server locks you out after 1 attempt period.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I wish they'ed hurry up with the results already.

Technician 250+ Posts Ricoh-ono's Avatar
    Stage II just ended Wednesday. We should see a list of the Stage II winners within a couple of weeks. The trip seems to be earlier than previous years, so they will need to get everyone flown in for Stage III soon.
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~Theodore Roosevelt

Technician
    So you two have taken this test in previous years?