Quote Originally Posted by ddude View Post
Most likely you are being paid on an 8-5 timeclock- your dispatchers are probably in their seats ready to receive calls by 8:00, your shop tech is already in place to work on refurbs, the AR/AP staff are ready and on-site..... Why aren't you? You should have already been given your first morning call, and calculated the drive time, and thought about possible delays, and corrected to be ready to work at the time you agreed to- why is this so hard to comprehend? If they called you to be in the shop at 8:00, would you show up at 8:21? And if they want you to work until 5:00, can you? or do you leave at 4:48, or 4:32, or 4:50?
Not sure why the personal flame here but I am very responsible, dependable and on-time. I download all my manuals, tech pubs, testing, and rebuilt difficult parts on my OWN time. I was simply answering a question/post by TCA Tech.
I do have offices that seem to have issues with getting their doors open by 8am. I am seeing this more and more and have no control over their tardiness but suffer those consequences. Recently, a school system in my area instituted a no visitors until 8:1am policy. I'm not sure we couldn't do 8:30 - 5:30 and be more productive sometimes.