Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    What time do you start on Site

Hi all,

Just want some feed back when we all start on site.
    When I worked for Canon we had to be on site at 8.30, if it was next door I could sleep in, if across town I had to wake up early.

What is your job description then?
    Copiers are only as good as there last service

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts
    I start at 8:30am, and that means in the car on the way to the client. This gives me a consistent start time, variable arrival to client site. Many clients don't open until 9:00am anyhow so no big deal.

well ...l open my workshop already at 8:15 ...because l have my personal workshop l am free . l worked perhaps the machine broken at my workshop ...and if l have urgently reparation l still worked at late time in the night ....no sleeping ..no eating ..no stop...
    BEST TECHNICIAN . NICE PEOPLE .

pienyereye
    My manager expects us to be on site, in front of the machine at 8am. I have gotten phone calls to find out why I am not "scanned in" at times like 8:03 and 8:07am.... totally stressful and out of my control as I can't get into businesses before 8am!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Boss expects me to be at machine at 8AM also. Sometimes, I've waited to do a call till next day cause I knew that they be open by 8AM

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts vigour's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pienyereye View Post
    My manager expects us to be on site, in front of the machine at 8am. I have gotten phone calls to find out why I am not "scanned in" at times like 8:03 and 8:07am.... totally stressful and out of my control as I can't get into businesses before 8am!
    I am expected to scan in at 8.30
    What device do you use to scan in. We use a Symbol pda.

martincrow
    I reach around 9:00 am at my workshop, then i have to visit the clients till lunch, then i have to submit my report to manger.

we start at 7:30am ..picking up parts and dispatched to our first call and work till 4:30..if I had an account out of town usually about 1 1/2 hrs i would be at the account by 8:00am..it makes for a very long day....the price we pay.....

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pienyereye View Post
    Most likely you are being paid on an 8-5 timeclock- your dispatchers are probably in their seats ready to receive calls by 8:00, your shop tech is already in place to work on refurbs, the AR/AP staff are ready and on-site..... Why aren't you? You should have already been given your first morning call, and calculated the drive time, and thought about possible delays, and corrected to be ready to work at the time you agreed to- why is this so hard to comprehend? If they called you to be in the shop at 8:00, would you show up at 8:21? And if they want you to work until 5:00, can you? or do you leave at 4:48, or 4:32, or 4:50?
    2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar
    This is give-and-take to/for the company... The dispatchers, managers, parts/supply reps all show up and are ready to conduct business at 8:00; they notice when you report in at 8:23, and leave your last call at 4:41 while they stay onsite until 5-Are you giving your employer a full days work? Many do, but the perception is that many of the field techs will start late and leave early. I have seen many who consistently strive for that last call, working past 5:00 but not requesting overtime for his work. I know of the few who will wake up early to fight the freeways and manage to be sitting on the stoop waiting for the customer to open at 8:00.
    I see this in my people because i expect this from my people.
    And I thank my people.
    2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds