Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts scomeau1's Avatar

Copier Tech Rate Per Hr.

I'm looking to get some work done on an Sharp Machine and the price per hr from two companys are at 150.00 per hr that I got quotes on.

This seems real high to me - Looking for a better price per hr.

Pricing would be on east coast north of Boston.

Thanks for your help.

Service Manager 250+ Posts Hemlock's Avatar

Re: Copier Tech Rate Per Hr.

Sounds about right.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

150/hr for on-site. 100/hr if you bring it to me.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Copier Tech Rate Per Hr.

It's high. Jackass copier techs who think they can charge IT rates.

ragajungle

JR2ALTA ^^^^^^ Dude that's the going rate for segment 1-3. It goes all the way up to $300 for upper segment production color devices. Not to start any negativity here on this forum (but since I'm a "jack ass") I will tell you that working on a copier SHOULD pay more than IT work. We are responsible for net+, security +, etc.. certs as well as dozens of manufacturer certs. So yes, $150 an hour is about right.

End Rant

General Troublemaker 250+ Posts ddude's Avatar

I'll work on it for free if you send it to me...........
    2000 mockingbirds = 2 kilomockingbirds

Service Manager 250+ Posts Ianizer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    It's high. Jackass copier techs who think they can charge IT rates.
    Lol... Not so bad to go out and fix what IT mouse jockies can't deal with.

Hey! Just kidding! They're great at loading drivers and going, "uhhh...".

Buck-fifty is spot on.

-I

ALIEN OVERLORD 2,500+ Posts fixthecopier's Avatar

OMG, I am underpriced. I do $80 in yhe field, no labor charge at all if I do not fix it, $125 for plotters and $150 for security level shredders. Hell it is only $50 an hour to bring it by the shop. I am going up on my rates. By the way I am on the mid Atlantic coastt
    The greatest enemy of knowledge isn't ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. Stephen Hawking

The price you pay... seriously... you make me laugh.
    For one the price you pay can only be balanced against the quality of the service you get... if you pay 150 bucks and get your machine in top notch... it should be better than paying 50 bucks to the electrician next door and end up with a giant paper weight that is gonna melt thru your wallet like an ice cube in hell.
    The prices the company i work for are not up for discussion... same goes for the quality of our work...
    But smartasses sooner or later always get the end of the stick... reminds a very recent case... plotter HP 4000 was down... horrible print, yellow was out... needed a full maintenance, the ink feeding assembly was off and damaging the printheads due to lack of ink supply, also the carriage trailing cable was tearing down... i did a repair price to it of close to $300 in labor adding the replacement of 2 printheads, no parts required, would withdraw the machine with a delivery time of 48 hours maximum.
    The client did not accept it... reaching the line of beeing rude saying it was too much.
    He got other quotes so i heard from an employee... probably directly from HP i dont know... close to $500 for the replacement of the ink system, $150 for the trailing cable, not counting labor, printheads, trip, and whatever else... oh yes... payment in advance and predicted time for repair was 3 weeks later ^____^
    Needless to say he calls back saying he accepted the repair cost... my answer was kinda "sorry the values i presented are no longer valid... you now need to add $150 more" he proceeded to ask why, and i told him... you almost accused me of beeing a thief for putting my hand too much in your pocket before, but i want you to know that now i am beeing a thief and that i am putting my hand in your pocket... but still im the one giving the cheapest repair, with the smallest downtime and with a warranty on it... you either accept it or go elsewhere... tho if you return a third time about this matter price will go up again.
    2 days later he had his machine up and running like never before (his own words).

@ fixthecopier ya might wanna adjust that a wee bit... hell what am i talking about pffft i only make $800 a month working my ass off 8 to 10h a day with no fixed shedule... i need a new job...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Copier Tech Rate Per Hr.

Look $90 dollars and hour is a lot for someone to pay. $150 and hour is almost 60% higher than that!

I understand travel costs and overhead. But you will still mark up parts 75-100%, won't you?