Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    MFP Tech & I.T. Manager 100+ Posts MFPs R Now PCs's Avatar

Angry Dispatch/Meters/Contracts Software

We used to use a software product called e-automate 7 from Digital Gateway that would do all of our accounting (A/R & A/P), track meters, had a dispatch console (track service call tickets), tracked maintenance contracts, everything, in one COMPLEX piece of software.

Awhile back the person we sent to training on this software left our company and we tried to use it and found it difficult/complex to learn on our own with no formal training. Now we only use e-automate 7 for the dispatch console and tracking meter histories in combination with QuickBooks Premium 2011 for the accounting and the Automated Transaction List for tracking the maintenance contracts. Well now we've found that QuickBooks Automated Transaction List can easily get messed up where we can miss billing a maintenance contract.

What do YOU guys use or recommend using? We are looking for alternative solutions that would 1. Track Maintenance Contracts; 2. Track Meters; 3. Dispatch Console; 4. NOT Expensive (i.e. $2000 - $4000). It would be nice if it would integrate with QuickBooks maybe or does accounting as well. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Dispatch/Meters/Contracts Software

Re: Dispatch/Meters/Contracts Software

Quote Originally Posted by MFPs R Now PCs View Post
    What do YOU guys use or recommend using? We are looking for alternative solutions that would 1. Track Maintenance Contracts; 2. Track Meters; 3. Dispatch Console; 4. NOT Expensive (i.e. $2000 - $4000). It would be nice if it would integrate with QuickBooks maybe or does accounting as well. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Uhhhh..... Why don't you use eAutomate, you already have it and it does more than you need. Why not spent the money on training and possibly a little consulting to get your eAutomate configured correctly and go from there? eAutomate is probably the best product out there right now for medium to large dealers (my opinion), it sure isn't perfect but it will do everything you need it to do and it is pretty easy to learn the basics. Also, do you handle all of your accounting out of QuickBooks or just Payroll because eAutomate should handle your accounting just fine.