Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Anybody buying or selling to liquidators or exporters?

I suppose a lot of you don't buy any inventory from the many export/liquidator/warehouse companies out there since many of you probably get most or all of your inventory from the manufacturer.

For those of you that deal with such companies, which ones do you recommend for both buying and selling excess equipment to?

There's not really any in central PA and I've been hesitant to do any over the phone or internet deals from out of state, especially having to deal with piece of sh*t freight companies and their BS.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Anybody buying or selling to liquidators or exporters?

We've had very good experience with Wulff Enterprises. And if there was any serious problem with the machine they made it right. When they sell a machine, it is what they say it is. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

I can 2nd Wulff being a quality company to deal with.

The Wolf 2,500+ Posts mojorolla's Avatar

Not to sound like a broken record, but we use Wulff all the time. Steve is a good dude.

Failing to plan is planning to fail!!!

I just checked out Wulf a little bit to see what's going on. It looks like most of the ripe cherries have been picked so to speak...at least for the stuff I'm looking for. In other words most of the models I wanted seem to have problems left.

But then again, I was pretty impressed with the detailed notes on each machine which is way more than I can get out of anyone else I dealt with.

I'll have to call that Steve guy since he was recommended. If they don't tell me something stupid like they throw away all the finishers when the machines come in then I may buy something...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I do a fair amount of business with COPEX in Prov. R.I. give them a call to see if they go to PA.

I'll have to check them out too.

The guy at Wulf is pretty nice so far. I'm going to pursue something there if I can get an order together.

Anyone know if free freight is typical on larger orders? I've gotten it before and I've paid for it before.

Quote Originally Posted by campy View Post
    I do a fair amount of business with COPEX in Prov. R.I. give them a call to see if they go to PA.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I have dealt with many different copier remarketers and the one common denominator that all of them have that bothers me is the audit reports are not always true to the machine. You are dealing with the remarketers technicians discrepancy and knowledge of the machine to give an accurate audit. I have dealt with Wulff many many times and for the most part, their audit reports are very close to the machines condition. You better watch out though because Wulff will clean house on the shipping. You may think that you are getting an awesome deal on the machine and they will make it seem that you are, but trust me they make up for it on the shipping. I remember years ago when I first started doing business with them, they had a truck run down here every so often and it would cost me about 100 per machine. Now if I order two machines, it's over 700 to ship it several hundred miles. I have found that if I hire a separate logistics company and then I purchase the machines without their shipping charges, I save several hundred dollars on the deal. I had to order a machine first part of last week and I didn't have time to deal with the shipping. I asked him to put a package together being that it would only ship via FedEx because it was under 100 pounds. After not receiving the shipment by the end of the week, I inquired about it and he told me that he forgot to put tell their GA warehouse to ship (nice!), but he would make sure that FedEx gets it out now. I revisited my invoice that I received with them and noticed that they charged me a certain amount. I went to FedEx's website and put in all the same info and it was just about $100 cheaper if I did everything myself. I get no discounts with any logistics companies, just strait prices. Lesson learned

RSI, awesome company if you are looking for a diamond in the rough. Most of their machines are in bad shape, but you would never know it because their audit reports are not very clear and honest. I remember ordering a machine from them with what was supposed to be a perfect audit. I received the machine (went there and picked it up) to notice that it was missing the paper trays and the machine was in piss poor shape. They did not and will not try to make it right. Again, that place is mainly for parts machines or get 4 to make 1 perfect copier.

Logistics is a disaster no matter how you look at it. It's almost not even worth dealing with unless you have the copier presold and they are waiting on it. Logistics will cost more than the copiers worth and heaven forbid it get damaged (will happen most of the time... broken guides or cracked panels). I have started doing business with Mid West Copier. They have a truck that runs down this way and it's about 150 per machine to ship... perfect! Their machines are a little higher than I would like, but I guess you have to give somewhere.

I tried to do business with Impact Technologies in MN however, I was mainly doing Ricoh at the time and Metro sales in Minneapolis put a restriction on anyone within 500 miles that they could not purchase any Ricoh equipment from Impact Technologies. Didn't think that was legal, but whatever.

I hope I was able to shed some light on this and I'm sorry about the long post.
    CompTia A+ Certified
    CompTia Net+ Certified
    CompTia Server+ Certified
    CompTia Project+ Certified
    OP Scanshare Certified

Thanks ZeusGT for the good honest information.

That's what I was hoping to hear from someone...the good honest lowdown.

Please keep me informed on your experiences. I've seen Midwest advertise and a couple of others that I'd like to try.

I really hate buying on a whim when they're not close to inspect anything because the places I thought would be good turn out to be really bad when I get to see the machines. It's like everybody lies or like you said I have to get half a dozen machines just to get one or two good ones up and running as they should.

I was hoping Wulf would be reasonable with shipping since they have their own trucks and are only going from Ohio to central Pennsylvania.

Maybe I should consider renting my own truck to pick up some machines...makes me almost want to go back to strictly brand new...but then again, sh*t happens and damages with those too...or damages from the manufacturer.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I use two companies in the Philadelphia area.

Greater Philadelphia: Contact name is Glenn
    Authorized Business Machines: Contact name is Tom

We buy from and sell too both of these companies.